DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

New FW seems to be working BUT!!!

Suren

Reactions
I posted the below to the Dji Forum, Hopefully their Admin takes this back to their Dev team to fine tune some more.

@DJI, there is a new Firmware that is currently being tested which has GPS working for me to locking homepoint at 30 seconds and Airsense worked today when i was hovering at 20 meters and a Helicopter came exactly 0.7km distance and 300 meters high away from me, I got the manned aircraft warning in the app. This needs to be tweaked a little more and i would say the average range or minuim range it should start giving a warning from is as below:

High Collision Risk = 0,5km away
Meduim,High Collision Risk = 1 to 1.5km away
Low, Meduim, High Collision Risk = 2 to 2,5km away.

Can you please take this back to your devolopers. They seem to be on the right path but just needs a little more tweaking and we will be there.

IMG_1618.PNG

I disabled Airsense on the Air2S. I thought initially it would be good but too many false alarms had me disable. I also found that most flights that flew sub500ft were emergency services such as police which didnt even use ADSB so you wouldnt know they were even coming.

@Suren, do you know what height differences will trigger the air sense warning? It a pity it doesn't indicate direction, I have seen the warning with the FPV but only once I think and can't remember if it gave distance and height.
What height is it reporting, the difference/clearance or the manned aircraft's MSL or AGL ?

I disabled Airsense on the Air2S. I thought initially it would be good but too many false alarms had me disable. I also found that most flights that flew sub500ft were emergency services such as police which didnt even use ADSB so you wouldnt know they were even coming.
I actually like it and although I don't rely on it I like the feature to be there.

Reactions: Skywatcher2001
@Suren, do you know what height differences will trigger the air sense warning? It a pity it doesn't indicate direction, I have seen the warning with the FPV but only once I think and can't remember if it gave distance and height.
What height is it reporting, the difference/clearance or the manned aircraft's MSL or AGL ?
If the drone is on the floor with motors armed I see planes if they are around as far as 25km away but the warning only came when the plane was 0.7km away which is in the picture. The height and distance reading of the plane to my location was correct as well.

]...]
Can you please take this back to your devolopers. They seem to be on the right path but just needs a little more tweaking and we will be there.

If you're speaking to DJI, you should take this to their own forums. There's no indications that anyone from DJI is reading these forums.

Chris

• Haha
Reactions: Ex Coelis
The problem with Airsense is that it will never be 100% accurate. Rules may vary by location, but in the US at least, I know that not all aircraft will be using ADS-B unless in controlled airspace. It should not be a substitute for using your eyes and ears to detect aircraft.

If the drone is on the floor with motors armed I see planes if they are around as far as 25km away but the warning only came when the plane was 0.7km away which is in the picture. The height and distance reading of the plane to my location was correct as well.
But what were the given height and distance distance relative to? In particular height, was the reported height drone to plane separation, the plane's MSL, the plane's height above you etc. etc.?
I sort of assume the diatance is relative to the drone.

If you're speaking to DJI, you should take this to their own forums. There's no indications that anyone from DJI is reading these forums.

Chris
I did, just posting here to keep the faith so to speak

The problem with Airsense is that it will never be 100% accurate. Rules may vary by location, but in the US at least, I know that not all aircraft will be using ADS-B unless in controlled airspace. It should not be a substitute for using your eyes and ears to detect aircraft.
100% True but it was a feature sold with the product so it should work

Just some more updates- So everyone is in the loop as to what’s is happening. Today Home Point recorded with just 8 sats in 26 seconds on a cold boot. Last power up of drone was like 4 hours ago. Also DLOG has ISO 1600

Attachments

• 0D23D4FF-142D-4073-999C-A7FC8DF4A5F1.png
    0D23D4FF-142D-4073-999C-A7FC8DF4A5F1.png
    5 MB · Views: 15
  • B47E15CD-2601-4C2E-87F1-9BD16092578E.png
    B47E15CD-2601-4C2E-87F1-9BD16092578E.png
    8.1 MB · Views: 16
Exactly! More of a marketing gimmick than a useful feature, unless you are deaf and blind, in which case you shouldn't be flying anyway! 🤣

• Haha
Reactions: Suren
Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cjd54