DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

New Improved Gimbal Gaurd

I think the stock lock works well
I've never had a problem with the stock lock either. It works quite well once you figure out how to attach it properly.

I store my Mavic with the clear dome attached. These tabs eventually broke off, so I had to replace it:

8357d226-b378-4452-9baa-2c107da02254_1.aaab57816392b7f1a3e8d5ef7a4df17f.jpeg

I did a search and didn't find anyone talking about this, so I thought I would share it.
I ordered one of these from Drone Valley for my Mavic pro, and its way better than the included gimbal guard. Super easy to install with one hand even, and it seems stronger and should hold up better in transport:
DJI Mavic Pro - Gimbal Lock

If you have been looking for something better, this should work really well, it does for me.
I've had one for months, they are good

Reactions: drone_video
I did a search and didn't find anyone talking about this, so I thought I would share it.
I ordered one of these from Drone Valley for my Mavic pro, and its way better than the included gimbal guard. Super easy to install with one hand even, and it seems stronger and should hold up better in transport:

If you have been looking for something better, this should work really well, it does for me.
I have had one for a long time. Love it

Reactions: drone_video

Recommended. My original broke the tabs. New one cost about NZ$15 I think. Much easier than two pieces.
Steve

With the combination guards how do you go about installing/changing filters? I always make sure I have the original guard in place to hold the camera steady before swapping/installing a filter.

With the combination guards how do you go about installing/changing filters? I always make sure I have the original guard in place to hold the camera steady before swapping/installing a filter.
Hold the camera with one hand and attach the filter with the other. And you could of course attach the OEM gimbal lock after removing the combination dome/lock if you feel you must use the lock.

Reactions: WAXMAN
I have a few of these. totally worth it.

Last edited:
<rant>

Anyone here (web developers, maybe?) understand why a website would accept Paypal (which provides ALL necessary shipping AND personal information), yet would make the customer become a "member" or fill out a bunch of crap? I saw the same **** thing on the MavMount website. I don't wish to become a "member" or create a "login" or give away all my personal information for the "privilege" of purchasing someone's product - especially when the EULA specifically states that said vendor can use your information any way they wish or "share" it. The whole reason for Paypal is to bypass the **** "credit card application" these websites make the user fill out anyway! This is a deal-breaker for me and 100% of the people I know in the IT game. I can only imagine how many other potential customers click away.

Also, the time to show the customer the EULA is BEFORE you make them give you all their personal information. Note the complete lack of EULA link on the checkout page.

</rant>

3.JPG

Sooo, what does Mav-mount have to do with gimbal guards?

DJI Drone Deals

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jacjes