DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

New leaked DJI Action cam. Will you buy one?

Would you buy a DJI action cam?

• Yes but only if it meets or exceeds what GoPro offers.

• Yes, I would buy one despite what GoPro offers.

• No, I am happy with my GoPro and probably wont buy a DJI action cam.

• I dont have an action cam, and probably wont buy one despite what DJI comes out with.

Results are only viewable after voting.
I own the gopro hero 6 and 7 black. I am absolutely happy with them and I use them very very often because of their brilliant colours and the possibilities they offer. I let them often start on my Mavic pro because in this way I can get different perspectives on one flight. Only to buy from DJI because it is from DJI with no other advantages (the GoPro 7 black is water protected till 1 m, the possibilities of taking clips are very various and satisfying, the battery is lasting long). No, I stay with the GoPros I have...

I am going to get one. It checks some boxes for me, not sure if its better than the Hero7 that sounds like a solid camera.
The boxes it ticked for me are the following.
As I primarily use my gopro in the water, body surfing and spearfishing.

1. longer battery life. cant get out and change a battery with wet hands.
2. quick capture on my hero 6 takes a long time to start recording, but when I am spearfishing I need it to be faster.
Osmo action is supposed to be really fast
3. H.264 codex, my pc can edit and play my mavic air 4k footage fine. H.264 but not 4k from my gopro H.265
So I have only been using it in 1080p still good quality footage. But that codex kind of cripples the camera,
if I dont want to get a new pc. I could re encode the files but thats an extra step and more time.

Have not ordered yet, waiting for some underwater reviews and confirmation on the quick capture speed.
I am still setting the thing up, but one thing I noticed is that it heats up pretty quickly. I am sure that's fine if you are snorkeling with it. which I will try extremely soon, but if it gets into a plastic housing it may fog and all that other unpleasant stuff that small cameras do. I'll let you know how it goes. Water temps here are about 77-78 last month or so, so I suspect that would cool it down a bit just snorkeling. More soon!!

Last edited:
Reactions: monchan
Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
instaproapk