DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

New leaked DJI Action cam. Will you buy one?

Would you buy a DJI action cam?

• Yes but only if it meets or exceeds what GoPro offers.

• Yes, I would buy one despite what GoPro offers.

• No, I am happy with my GoPro and probably wont buy a DJI action cam.

• I dont have an action cam, and probably wont buy one despite what DJI comes out with.

Results are only viewable after voting.

Former Member

Reactions
Seems like so many members own a GoPro as well as their DJI products. Im wondering how you will react if DJI comes out with an action camera thats meets or exceeds what GoPro is currently offering in its latest version Hero 7? Would you switch to a DJI action cam if you already own a GoPro? What would convince you to give up your GoPro and buy a DJI cam?

The following post contains the leaked cams specs, courtesy of @Drone Master

Last edited:
Definitely worth a look....I’m thinking with their ad they’ve come up with something that must be waterproof..and usable in the water...
Perhaps they have a new underwater drone/submersible?

Reactions: Former Member
Definitely worth a look....I’m thinking with their ad they’ve come up with something that must be waterproof..and usable in the water...
Perhaps they have a new underwater drone/submersible?

Only time will tell.

You just reminded me that the great thing about buying a camera vs a drone is that most places will accept a return on a camera without any questions asked if you open it but dont like it. Drones, they will charge a restocking fee many times if they have been flown and are not factory defective.

Reactions: Merlin23
I'd be more interested in a underwater rov but another action cam can only do so much. My Hero 5 has sat in a drawer unused for over a year, right next to the Hero plus that has maybe 45 minutes of use within the first 6 months I got it and never since. Wouldn't you know they both have waterproof cases!

Jeff

I’ve got a couple of GoPro’s which I’m chuffed to bits with. Think I’ll continue with what I’ve got. I won’t buy just cos it’s a DJI?

Right, we have a GoPro, handy little thing, wish ours was the newer one with image stabilization though! Anyway, if it eventually breaks, I'd certainly look at the DJI camera, but I'll also be looking at a new GoPro and whichever offers the best bang for the buck (along with other criteria, reliability, features etc) will be the one I get.

Right, we have a GoPro, handy little thing, wish ours was the newer one with image stabilization though! Anyway, if it eventually breaks, I'd certainly look at the DJI camera, but I'll also be looking at a new GoPro and whichever offers the best bang for the buck (along with other criteria, reliability, features etc) will be the one I get.

I’ve had GoPro for years now, my latest model, hero 6 black, absolutely brilliant little thing.

I think I’m in the same “mind set”, stick with what you know. I love my M2P, so for drones I’ll always have DJI, have done for years now. I wouldn’t go and buy another manufacturer model because it’s cheaper or might have better functions so knowing the product, Dji, I’ll stick with them.

Same goes for the GoPro.

Drones for me, definitely DJI.
Action cameras, GoPro.

Well that just little ol me, anyway ?

I have a GoPro Fusion and absolutely love the **** thing, I bring it with me everywhere, since I don't care about regular action cams I'll stick with my Fusion

@Porky and @Gizmo @Jeffm912 do your Gopros have wifi? What Im trying to do is mount one on an M2Z and remotely watch it from the ground on the Gopro app. Do you think it's possible?

Hi rob, yes they have WiFi/Bluetooth. Not to sure what the WiFi distance would be though, never mounted one on my drone. I can set my iPad up and view what the camera sees, but distance... not sure.

Only thing you can do, give it a try?

If I remember correctly, the go pro app running while on the DJI drone will crash the drone. Conflicting WiFi’s 2.4/ 5.8 or something like that

If I remember correctly, the go pro app running while on the DJI drone will crash the drone. Conflicting WiFi’s 2.4/ 5.8 or something like that
What I am looking to do is fly the drone with one controller and 1 phone. Mount the GoPro to the top of the drone and monitor the gopro camera with a different phone. Do you think it will still crash anything?

I'm stating what I saw and read from leaked photo and information about this new DJI Action Cam... The camera lens supposedly is stabilized within the camera itself on a 3D axis which is the size of a GoPro, waterproof, shoots 4k...etc... Pretty neat stuff

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Tore Korsnes