DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

New M3 Firmware with Hyperlapse, Mastershots and Active Track enabled

Have you upgraded the DJI fly app first?

Installed the update then tried didn't see anything for fly.. brought it down and put up my air 2 for the sunrise.. only 1 phone. Try again in a couple minutes..

Installed the update then tried didn't see anything for fly.. brought it down and put up my air 2 for the sunrise.. only 1 phone. Try again in a couple minutes..
Updated djifly, controller and aircraft,

Attachments

• Screenshot_20211210-072400.jpg
    Screenshot_20211210-072400.jpg
    800.2 KB · Views: 18
This worked like a charm last night , and in 20mph winds captured some nice clean video of the city lights. So far zero issues flying at night.

2021-12-10_09h38_30.png

Gear to fly the Mavic 3 in the Rain. Land on the Water.
Phantomrain.org

For people with the Regular controller is about 3XXMB only. For people with the RC Pro controller is about 17XXMB

For people with the Regular controller is about 3XXMB only. For people with the RC Pro controller is about 17XXMB
I thought mine was 1.7 gig on my phone , I had to connect the drone and the controller to get it to download. .

Phantomrain.org
Gear to fly in the Rain. Land on the Water

The servers are busy. The download is very slow. It took me about 30 min to download in a 1400mbs connection.

The firmware updated but the app is not updated (iPad and iPhone) so I see no new abilities yet. I'm assuming I'll see the updated app on the App Store? Trying to figure this out...

The firmware updated but the app is not updated (iPad and iPhone) so I see no new abilities yet. I'm assuming I'll see the updated app on the App Store?
Run the app with the RC connected and the aircraft powered up. You should get a prompt to update from within the app, possibly after a few seconds.

[eta] I did this on a Galaxy phone; haven't updated the app on iPad Air yet but I think they bypass both the official Apple and Android app stores.

[edit the second] Oh, one other thing: before installing, I had to grant Android OS permission to install apps from an "unknown source".

Last edited:
Reactions: Phantomrain.org
I got no such notice on my iPhone or iPad but was alerted to go to the DJI downloads page and from there it will send you to the apple App Store and at that point the new version was available to download and all is good. The App Store would have eventually showed the new version for updating but it had not done so. Going to the DJI downloads facilitated the update.

Reactions: BethanyFerrell
No Tracking in D-Log, so it's pointless für me or anybody who wants to film with maximum quality possible.

From the manual v1.2:

View attachment 139927
Yeah, a bummer for sure. I've heard this will eventually come for Log and ProRes. Hopefully soon.

Otherwise what this update does offer has been fantastic so far. Most importantly it really smooths some of the rough edges with this thing out of the box- the connection quirks, odd error messages, etc. It now seems normal. Also the actual update was one of the smoothest DJI experiences I can remember. Powered on the RC Pro and it indicated a Fly app update, it did that and then indicated a firmware update. Downloaded and installed all within 15 minutes. No problems, no issues.

It's great to have expo adjustment. Are we also able to adjust FC parameters like braking? I haven't been able to find that yet.

Anyone who updated firmware and doesn't see any changes, you have to update your DJI Fly app separately via the App store

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
skydiver75thgrp