DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

New MA2 pilot from NEPA

amstel78

Reactions
Greetings and salutations to all. I'm a new drone pilot in NEPA (northeast PA). Recently acquired a Mavic Air 2 as a Christmas gift. Embarrassed to say but I accidentally ran it into my living room wall this morning testing out the collision avoidance features. Turns out those sensors are finicky to changing light conditions.

Anyway, apart from a couple of nicked blades, all seems to be fine. I took two videos flying around my neighborhood shortly after the crash so all should be good. If not, I'm glad I invested in the DJI Refresh.

Oh, I'm an old school RC helicopter pilot that learned on airframes like the Hirobo Shuttle and Thunder Tiger Raptor 30. I still have my Raptor as a matter of fact. Flying drones is a lot easier than I thought it'd be.

Here are those test videos I took. First one is shot with the video left ungraded. It was also much earlier in the morning. Second video was taken midday as I wanted to see how well the camera stood up in harsh lighting with no ND filter. I did however color grade it in post.

Welcome to the forum. We look forward to your participation and more of your view of the world.

Welcome to the forum.

Welcome to the forum.
I hope you will find our site helpful and look forward to any input , photo's/video's you might post .
Don't be shy and ask anything if you can't find it by searching .Thumbswayup

Welcome to Mavic Pilots! :) Enjoy the forum!Thumbswayup

Welcome to the forums - a lot of good info here. So, take a look around and hope you enjoy some of the fine photography and information posted by the members.

Also, if you haven't done so yet, consider getting the AirMap and KittyHawk apps. I also suggest this Visualize it: See FAA UAS Data on a Map

Welcome to the forum! :)

Recently acquired a Mavic Air 2 as a Christmas gift
Here are some things to help you get started with your Mavic Air 2:
  • The current Mavic Air 2 manual can be downloaded here (it doesn't come in the box). Other important documents can be found on the Mavic Air 2 downloads page.

• Check out this getting started guide for some tips not found in the Mavic Air 2 manual.

• This video covers all the basics of the Mavic Air 2.

• Your drone batteries will last longer if you use and maintain them like this.

• Practice flying outdoors in a wide open location that's free of all obstacles. Don't attempt to fly inside your house or in other confined locations.

• The drone records flight data each time you fly. You can decrypt and view those flight logs with these tools.

• Check out MavicHelp.com for commonly used accessories you might need.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
PetefromNZ