DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

New Mavic Air 2 Pilot needs help with active track

tvsaint

Reactions
Hey so I got my MA2 today and got it updated and charged and up in the air. I watched tutorials on how to get active track working and I just can't get the outline to come up. I tap and draw and no square appears at all. when I got to quick shots it lets me draw a square but that's it. I really don't know what I'm doing wrong but I'm sure it has to be something I'm doing. I'm using an iphone 11 and I've taken it out of the case and took the glass screen protector off in case that was causing a problem. sometimes when I press and hold on the screen the gimble adjustments come up but when I press or double press or draw or anything I can't get the box. Thanks for any help.

Reactions: Hauptmann
New owner with same problem; solved mine today. Even though I had updated (or thought I did) with DJI Fly app, aircraft firmware version was showing 0.0.0. Check yours in the fly app on the "About" page. DJI assistant kept giving network connection error but finally allowed update to current version. Mine works automatically now. Please let me (and others know if this works for you).

New owner with same problem; solved mine today. Even though I had updated (or thought I did) with DJI Fly app, aircraft firmware version was showing 0.0.0. Check yours in the fly app on the "About" page. DJI assistant kept giving network connection error but finally allowed update to current version. Mine works automatically now. Please let me (and others know if this works for you).
Thanks that sounds about right I’ll have to check when I get home from work. I was acting weird when updating firmware then all of a sudden it said complete. I’ll look in the about as soon as I can I’ll update if that works. Thanks a lot that’s the main feature I was excited for lol

Welcome to you from the friendly skies of Texas!

Haven’t flown in MS yet. Guess I'll have to see it thru your lens. The MA2 is a fabulous machine for the beginner and the pro alike. Lots of fellow neighbors and others of us from around the world are here to help you gain skill as a pilot and photographer.

Be sure to read the manual! Be sure you practice using “Find My Drone”. Chances are you’ll crash, and perhaps lose your MA2. Just be sure you know how to retrieve it!

Glad to have you with us!

Reactions: reaganbp

Welcome to you from the friendly skies of Texas!

Haven’t flown in MS yet. Guess I'll have to see it thru your lens. The MA2 is a fabulous machine for the beginner and the pro alike. Lots of fellow neighbors and others of us from around the world are here to help you gain skill as a pilot and photographer.

Be sure to read the manual! Be sure you practice using “Find My Drone”. Chances are you’ll crash, and perhaps lose your MA2. Just be sure you know how to retrieve it!

Glad to have you with us!
How did you Practice using find my drone? I may be having a brain fart !!

How did you Practice using find my drone? I may be having a brain fart !!

You can practice anywhere. Turn everything on, and set your drone down any distance away from your controller. Then activate Find My Drone. Your display will show the drone's last known location, and the controller's current location, so you can make a path to the drone. You'll have the option of activating a visual (flashing LED) and/or audible (beep) signal from the drone, as long as the drone still has battery life.

I fly an M2P, which uses the DJI Go 4 app. I must activate Find My Drone from the DJI Go 4 home page. I get there by pressing the DJI logo in the upper left corner of the screen. Then I press the "hamburger" or "stack-of-pancakes" logo in the upper right corner of the screen. This opens up a menu in which Find My Drone is one of the options.

I've never owned a Mini or MA2, so I haven't used the DJI FLy app, but I think it works the same as does DJI Go 4. If I'm wrong, please someone correct me.

Hope this helps.

Last edited:
Reactions: reaganbp
You can practice anywhere. Turn everything on, and set your drone down any distance away from your controller. Then activate Find My Drone. Your display will show the drone's last known location, and the controller's current location, so you can make a path to the drone. You'll have the option of activating a visual (flashing LED) and/or audible (beep) signal from the drone, as long as the drone still has battery life.

I fly an M2P, which uses the DJI Go 4 app. I must activate Find My Drone from the DJI Go 4 home page. I get there by pressing the DJI logo in the upper left corner of the screen. Then I press the "hamburger" or "stack-of-pancakes" logo in the upper right corner of the screen. This opens up a menu in which Find My Drone is one of the options.

I've never owned a Mini or MA2, so I haven't used the DJI FLy app, but I think it works the same as does DJI Go 4. If I'm wrong, please someone correct me.

Hope this helps.
So I was correct, it was a brain fart...Thanks, going to play with that next time I fly

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
maniac2000