DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

New Mavic Air 2?

Personally I don’t like it. I don’t understand why DJI would kill such a beautiful and well thought out Drone. I love my Air, whoever designed the look of the Air has to be a car nut. That’s what’s is always looked like to me a finely honed Sports Car. Noise aside it’s a dream to fly. Yes it can be a pain but why would DJI cannibalize the Mavic Pro line to give the Air features that were left out from this one. Also the move to this standerised look is annoying. The Spark was a unique Drone and so is the Air. It’s like DJI is moving to the old Car standard of different Brands just different Grills and Tail lights. You’ve always been able to tell a DJI Drone from site and sound.

Honestly it would be Tremendously disappointIng to me. YMMV

Personally I don’t like it. I don’t understand why DJI would kill such a beautiful and well thought out Drone. I love my Air, whoever designed the look of the Air has to be a car nut. That’s what’s is always looked like to me a finely honed Sports Car. Noise aside it’s a dream to fly. Yes it can be a pain but why would DJI cannibalize the Mavic Pro line to give the Air features that were left out from this one. Also the move to this standerised look is annoying. The Spark was a unique Drone and so is the Air. It’s like DJI is moving to the old Car standard of different Brands just different Grills and Tail lights. You’ve always been able to tell a DJI Drone from site and sound.

Honestly it would be Tremendously disappointIng to me. YMMV
I think it’s too big to be the next Mavic Air, looks like a addition to the portfolio

Agree it looks big (count me in the group that bought a MA over an M2P for size purposes -actually bought the M2P but swapped it after further thought) but maybe the guy’s got small hands.

I do want to add that it is obnoxious that “DroneDJ“ has added its watermark to photos that are already publicly available. They certainly don’t own the copyright to them.

Article updated

So this is not the Mavic Air 2, it will simply be "DJI Mavic".

It will be this tier in the lineup:

Mini < Air < "Mavic" < Pro/Zoom
That's brilliant news as I am not wanting to be restricted when the new laws come in so hopefully the new Air will be along the same lines as the current one and I will definitely be buying.

Reactions: FabulousBernt
The new DJI Mavic, that we reported on first earlier this week, may be priced as low as $799. And this new foldable drone from DJI is likely to feature OcuSync 2.0, which would make it an very attractive offering and a very capable aircraft.

New DJI Mavic as low as $799 and likely to feature OcuSync 2.0
The DJI Mavic, which photos were leaked earlier this week looks a lot like the DJI Mavic 2 series and that is no coincidence.

Remember the original DJI OSMO Mobile that was priced over $300 and then when the DJI OSMO Mobile 2 came out about two years later, it sold for a little over $100. DJI had improved and simplified the design of the original OSMO Mobile. They company used less expensive materials and dramatically lowered the price.

It seems to me that DJI is taking the exact same approach when it comes to the DJI Mavic. They take all the best bits and pieces from the DJI Mavic 2, including the camera/gimbal design and even almost certainly OcuSync 2.0, and offer it in a smaller, simplified aircraft, while at the same time drastically lowering the price. And crushing whatever competition is left…

Many people initially wrote off the DJI Mavic Mini as a toy drone, until they actually got their hands on one and discovered that it held up in high-wind conditions, had really good range, delivered good still photos, and outperformed the DJI Mavic Air in video quality even though it was limited to 2.7K resolution.

I suspect that the soon-to-be-released Mavic will rival the DJI Mavic 2 Zoom (even though it won’t have an optical zoom feature) in photo and video quality. And it will likely give even the DJI Mavic 2 Pro a run for its money.

Two features that will make any drone enthusiast happy, will be the anticipated price of $799 for the DJI Mavic and the fact that it will almost certainly feature DJI’s robust OcuSync 2.0 connectivity.

The DJI Mavic will be a strong competitor in the current drone market and will raise the bar significantly for the DJI Mavic 3 Pro that we might not see this calendar year.

What do you think about the Mavic? What features would you like to see in this new foldable drone from DJI?

Who cares if a drone is ugly? What matters is that it flies well. You can't see it up there anyway!

If that's the new Air, it's very disappointing from a design point of view. It's ugly. I loved that the current Air had it's own look, and it's a really nice one at that. And, what's with all the grey?
Everything DJI make now is grey....

I also do care. I am very fond of the Air's look. But I will gladly accept this fugly iteration if it means getting another 10 minutes in the the air.
I just don’t want something that looks like the Mini. It’s an ugly cheap looking drone.

Last edited:
Reactions: Mavic Pro Platinum
Definitely not an Air replacement - too big and too ugly. I always thought the Mavic series was clunky, until the Air. The Air only needs a 30 minute battery to make it perfect imho.

Last edited:
The Air in my opinion is the best looking drone ever and the controller looks more like a quality item than that new one. I like the Air so much, that after I sold the one I had in December (Which I bought new) I regretted it so much I bought a practically new one again on eBay and then purchased all the same stuff that I sold with it. Now I am a happy contented chap. ?

Reactions: Lastrexking
The Air in my opinion is the best looking drone ever and the controller looks more like a quality item than that new one. I like the Air so much, that after I sold the one I had in December (Which I bought new) I regretted it so much I bought a practically new one again on eBay and then purchased all the same stuff that I sold with it. Now I am a happy contented chap. ?

I actually think this is the best looking drone ?

MQ-9-Reaper-taxiing-1800.jpg

Reactions: eckydrone200
Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tflys78