DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

New Mavic Air crashing

Status
Not open for further replies.
It doesn't matter if "the android is flawed", that doesn't cause a drone to fall from the air.
Whatever the cause of your incident was, it's not what you've fixated on, but looking to find what was the cause could provide helpful information.
That's no BS.
But your responses so far are giving the impression that you really aren't interested to find out.
Agreed!!

Reactions: Bigbird48
DJI has them as I sent aircraft back in new refresh program. Only had it 9 days and had 3 different situations with this happening. They are sending a new Mavic Air. I wouldn't have a clue how to put them on here anyway.

Androids nothing to do with it, you're a new member on here and want to be spoon fed an answer you want to hear while ignoring the very good advice from some obviously experienced members such as sar104. Hell I've been on here less than a month and even I know to post logs when asked.

So, given that you're not getting the answer you want (that it's not your fault) I think you are onto a loser.

PS I think it was your fault but without the logs I can't be sure. So maybe post the ..............

Reactions: Bigbird48 and Simmo
I have seen this over and over in the DronePilot forums where a new member will post a thread asking for help, then totally disregard the advise of veteran members of the forum that are known for their expert knowledge.

I am knowledgeable in the equipment I own and am familiar with, but like the experts here I also learn from each new problem I encounter and try to help analyze. Also, like your experts, if I don’t have the hardline data from the telemetry there is no way to offer any opinion on what happened. DJI like any other manufacturer is in the business to make as much money as they can, and trusting them to give totally truthful analysis is foolhardy.

I have seen this over and over in the DronePilot forums where a new member will post a thread asking for help, then totally disregard the advise of veteran members of the forum that are known for their expert knowledge.

I am knowledgeable in the equipment I own and am familiar with, but like the experts here I also learn from each new problem I encounter and try to help analyze. Also, like your experts, if I don’t have the hardline data from the telemetry there is no way to offer any opinion on what happened. DJI like any other manufacturer is in the business to make as much money as they can, and trusting them to give totally truthful analysis is foolhardy.

In my experience it's not that you can't trust them to be honest, but rather that their first line technical support don't always delve deeply enough into the logs to find the detailed answer. And they generally seem perfectly open to reconsidering things when those details are pointed out.

In my experience it's not that you can't trust them to be honest, but rather that their first line technical support don't always delve deeply enough into the logs to find the detailed answer. And they generally seem perfectly open to reconsidering things when those details are pointed out.
Absolutely correct in just a recent incident of a drone loss.!
Gentle persuasion and direction to higher powers/analysis is sometimes needed!

Third time in air about 10 ft altitude over lawn in hover mode. Decides to spiral down full power not touching anything. Android Samsung 8+ phone. It happened two more times at low altitude, no damage as it landed in grass in my front lawn. Final time and 3rd at 102 ft altitude and in hover mode again. This time as I clicked to take still photo it immediately spiraled down and hit gravel in my parking area at 50mph. This time damage big time. Exact time I clicked the photo button.
Saw YouTube from Drone Valley and Rick explained that there were some issues with Android especially when over 50% full. Mine is 90% full. I sent in on Refresh program Tuesday.
I reviewed flight logs and there was no accidental moves on remote, totally in hover and only action was clicking button to take photo.
I bought a new IPad mini 5 three days ago and will dedicate it only to DJI Mavic Air. Have smart remote for my Mavic 2Pro which will not bind with MA.
I flew it 52 total times keeping it close as I didn’t trust what might happen. Everything great except for times I just described.
Experienced Cessna pilot and also experienced in drones as well as 30 yrs RC model experience. I am thinking Android being full and no real space left was problem. Reason I purchased IPad Mini 5.
Any thoughts??
Jim

Sorry to hear that @Jimhewitt99! Care to share that flight log with us so we can see what all took place to maybe try to figure out?

I am currently flying with my iPhoneX and I have never had any issues and I have been flying for over a year with my Mavic Pro. I was thinking about buying the latest new Apple iPad MINI as well w./ Wifi&Celluar but I think I am going to go with a CrystalSky 5.5 monitor since it integrates real nice in the Dji Go app and its not as big as the iPad mini latest version.

I will be picking up one of these at the end of the month:

yep I could tell from his first post he'd never post the logs and he'd have an excuse as to why he wouldn't post them.

Reactions: Simmo
An old CB thing we used to do...
Just dont comment.. go quiet...say nothing... they would go away after a while!

Reactions: Jimhewitt99
DJI has them as I sent aircraft back in new refresh program. Only had it 9 days and had 3 different situations with this happening. They are sending a new Mavic Air. I wouldn't have a clue how to put them on here anyway.
wow you havent a clue how to put them on here but you said you read the logs and they had no info. So your an expert at reading the log data and tex files but you don'y know how to post them here yea OK tell me another.

Reactions: ajkm and davemorts
I will try to download flight logs. Android platform..I may need to contact you further for help in doing this. Thank you!

Reactions: dawgpilot
I have no clue how to transfer logs is problem. I just didn't want to start a situation where people start bad mouthing someone else is all.....since I mentioned that I saw something on the android not being the best way to go on youtube. I will try and transfer logs.

yep I could tell from his first post he'd never post the logs and he'd have an excuse as to why he wouldn't post them.
You could heh...first time posting if I knew how to I would. Since you are so intelligent and can tell right away I wouldn't post them. What am I going to do next ? Why dont you offer help instead of being a smart ***??

You could heh...first time posting if I knew how to I would. Since you are so intelligent and can tell right away I wouldn't post them. What am I going to do next ? Why dont you offer help instead of being a smart ***??
Do you have android? If so maybe you can help me since you seem to be so knowledgeable. Thanks in advance.

because you know it all and don't want the help othewise you would have posted a long time ago and not been such a smarty yourself . DUH

Reactions: davemorts
Status
Not open for further replies.

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AVI Drones