DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

New Mavic owner auto land question

edlloyd

Reactions
hello all. love my MPP so far. i upgraded from a spark which i loved too.when i hit the auto land on the spark, every time it came up with a slide to confirm which i like.

Now on the mavic when i hit auto land it doesn't have the slider anymore, but has this popup screen that says "are you sure you want to land aircraft now?" then ok or cancel.

every once in a while after i hit the ok button and it starts it's descending to land, i see the slider pop up for a split second but it goes away.

i imagine it is different on the mavic because of the landing protection feature, but not positive.

is there any way to make it so every time i hit the auto land it brings up the slider rather than this confirmation?

also looking for tips for the best hand landing procedure. disable VPS altogether, just disable downward, not at all?

thanks in advance.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20181109-201335.png
    Screenshot_20181109-201335.png
    630.1 KB · Views: 29
hello all. love my MPP so far. i upgraded from a spark which i loved too.when i hit the auto land on the spark, every time it came up with a slide to confirm which i like.

Now on the mavic when i hit auto land it doesn't have the slider anymore, but has this popup screen that says "are you sure you want to land aircraft now?" then ok or cancel.

every once in a while after i hit the ok button and it starts it's descending to land, i see the slider pop up for a split second but it goes away.

i imagine it is different on the mavic because of the landing protection feature, but not positive.

is there any way to make it so every time i hit the auto land it brings up the slider rather than this confirmation?

also looking for tips for the best hand landing procedure. disable VPS altogether, just disable downward, not at all?

thanks in advance.
First off check your return to home settings are set to actually return to home not land. 2nd if you are close to your home point already (I think within 20 meters / 65ft) it will just land instead of returning to the home point, so make sure you are out past that 20 meter mark. Welcome to Mavic Pilots!

Reactions: Slim.slamma
Also per the manual:
1541826102167.png

thanks in advance.

A daft question..Are you sure you are pressing the RTH and land button and not the ‘Land now’ button by mistake?

A daft question..Are you sure you are pressing the RTH and land button and not the ‘Land now’ button by mistake?
??
He's not wanting to RTH, but asking about why the "Land now" button now brings a yes/no confirmation instead of a slider confirmation.

I never use autoland so wouldn't have noticed, but in your capture I see you're still in "takeoff" phase so things may be different there than once it's really "in flight".

Only disable "Landing Protection".

??
He's not wanting to RTH, but asking about why the "Land now" button now brings a yes/no confirmation instead of a slider confirmation.

I never use autoland so wouldn't have noticed, but in your capture I see you're still in "takeoff" phase so things may be different there than once it's really "in flight".

Only disable "Landing Protection".

My mistake. I have never used auto land, only once by mistake. I usually use RTH and cancel it off when the aircraft is overhead, preferring to land it myself.

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jspeer2