DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

New Mavic owner. Wondering if Care Refresh is a scam

I activated my Mavic Pro yesterday. I tried to purchase the Care Refresh policy but it keeps sying it can't process my payment, invalid city/state/zip code. I've tried 3 different credit cards as well as Paypal with the same results. I've been on the phone and email at least three times back and forth on each. I feel like I'm getting the runaround. I've tried it from Google Chrome, Internet Explorer, Laptop, and the wife's Kindle. I've triple checked all addresses and account numbers and everything matches up. Are they trying to run my 48 hours out or what? Awesome first experience with this company!
at least you are prepared for the terrible service you'll endure if you ever have to put in a claim. :)
FWIW it's legit, I have it and already used it once. Absolutely worth it. However a friend of mine paid for it, but then didn't do a follow up by registering the SN or something (I can't remember now) and they are being giant PITA about it all. I told her to persevere and that bad customer service seems to be the norm with DJI at this stage, i swear it's like they are making everything super painful in the hopes you'll just give up. Hopefully in the future they'll open an office in our home countries and we'll be able to deal with locals. "

for me it's a big incentive not to crash again, as dealing with DJI (over 5+ weeks) was far worse than the actual crash.

This is vague, isn't it ...?!

DJI:
Our repair staff will conduct damage assessment and send you an invoice. After receiving the invoice, you can either choose to repair your product or replace the aircraft under DJI Care Refresh.
I had the same, although they didn't actually tell me they were doing that. They sent me an invoice for repair and I said, "no, I've got DJI refresh" and then after a wait for 3 days they reply, "oh, you want to use that?" and me: well yes, of course. then another 3 days and they respond again, "ok well send us your Refresh documentation" which I'd done of course. It was tedious. And yes, they are vague and contradictory. Keep calm and plod on through. And yes, you need to physically have the drone.

So if an Aussie is to make a claim, do we post the drone to China, or there is a DJI office down under?!
I sent mine to Victoria to repair for broken gimbal last month. The whole process took 2 weeks including shipping.

So if an Aussie is to make a claim, do we post the drone to China, or there is a DJI office down under?!
It doesn't matter where you bought the drone from, but what region you activate Refresh.

If its a normal warranty repair and it was purchased from a DJI dealer here in Australia, any of them can process the repair here. If it was drop shipped, yes it will need to be shipped back to country of origin.

There’s no office here, so you email China and deal with them, but send the device to a Melbourne repair place. Mine took 5 weeks due to a lot of silly nonsense with the Chinese side.

I activated my Mavic Pro yesterday. I tried to purchase the Care Refresh policy but it keeps sying it can't process my payment, invalid city/state/zip code. I've tried 3 different credit cards as well as Paypal with the same results. I've been on the phone and email at least three times back and forth on each. I feel like I'm getting the runaround. I've tried it from Google Chrome, Internet Explorer, Laptop, and the wife's Kindle. I've triple checked all addresses and account numbers and everything matches up. Are they trying to run my 48 hours out or what? Awesome first experience with this company!

Similar problem here in UK. Kept saying wrong area. After a couple of hours scanned the bar code on the activation card and registered ok.

I got the dji refresh and yep 2 cracks and you’re on your own. And yes the drone needs to be sent back to dji. From what I understand from the agreement. Still worth the cost in my opinion, more so for new quad pilots than those with a lot of flight time,but that’s just my thoughts on it.

Does anyone know what / if there is a cut of for this, of purchasing after the 48hrs ?
Just interested, if you'd had it say a month or two, and wanted to get it, you still can with flight verification ?

Also, I imagine it would still expire 1 year from activation ?
And probably pay same, so less value the longer you leave it.

Never considered it, and after 6 months or so not really on the needs list, but curious to know.
i bought my refresh a month after i bought my mavic,the 48 hours starts when you activate the drone.

Guys

Owner of a Mavic for just over a year. Bought the DJI Care Refresh, never/couldn't use it.

If I were to do it all over again, would save my money and spend the money on 2 extra batteries for the Mavic.

I think the product itself is very good, some hardware and software issues but no biggies. I had a compass calibration from day one and when I sent it in for service they could not find anything wrong with the unit.

If you are very unlucky and you have a fly away or drops into water or terrain where is it impossible to retrieve, Care Refresh ain't gonna help you. I really don't see the point then.

My .02.

Cheers
Etopsflight

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SK farming