DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

New Mavic owner. Wondering if Care Refresh is a scam

fedfire37

Reactions
I activated my Mavic Pro yesterday. I tried to purchase the Care Refresh policy but it keeps sying it can't process my payment, invalid city/state/zip code. I've tried 3 different credit cards as well as Paypal with the same results. I've been on the phone and email at least three times back and forth on each. I feel like I'm getting the runaround. I've tried it from Google Chrome, Internet Explorer, Laptop, and the wife's Kindle. I've triple checked all addresses and account numbers and everything matches up. Are they trying to run my 48 hours out or what? Awesome first experience with this company!

Reactions: Top Hat
I have purchased the care refresh. did not encounter any issues you are referring to.
Can you call your credit card company/paypal and see if they got any credit card payment requests come through? In addition, can you try purchasing it again? Maybe their payment system was down.

Buy Service | DJI Store

Reactions: segalm
I activated my Mavic Pro yesterday. I tried to purchase the Care Refresh policy but it keeps sying it can't process my payment, invalid city/state/zip code. I've tried 3 different credit cards as well as Paypal with the same results. I've been on the phone and email at least three times back and forth on each. I feel like I'm getting the runaround. I've tried it from Google Chrome, Internet Explorer, Laptop, and the wife's Kindle. I've triple checked all addresses and account numbers and everything matches up. Are they trying to run my 48 hours out or what? Awesome first experience with this company!

You can buy it from the DJI website then link it to you drone you don't need to do it via the GO4 app

Are you doing it via the app or web site ???

DJI refresh is legit...strange that you're having issues. I know some credit card companies do flag the transactions to DJI as fraud, Capital One did it to me.

you can also get refresh past the 48 hrs by showing dji that your aircraft is in flyable condition

Care Refresh is like any other insurance; if you need it then it is worth it. I don't believe they are "trying to run my 48 hours out" because they want your money. It is most likely a glitch in the ordering system. I recall reading that some have had credit card issues ordering directly from DJI (China). You could try buying from a DJI authorized dealer in your country; the price is the same. If you have already activated/registered your Mavic with DJI and are past the 48 hours, there is a procedure to verify functionality that is shown on DJI's web site.

Others have purchased insurance from State Farm (USA) that looks like a better deal. You can search the forums for information on that.

Oh, and welcome!

Reactions: Neebles
I purchased care refresh several days past the 48hrs by calling DJI. No problems. You should try again. After my year is up going to insure with our State Farm insurance. Good luck and welcome to the club.

I tried to purchase directly from the website. Maybe that is the issue. I think I may just look into the State Farm policy since I already use them for homeowners. Thank You for the help fellas.

Reactions: cgfriberg
Don't think its a scam in anyway but I do think depending on where you live there are better options. State Farm for one at $60 a year with $0 deductible and easy fast claims is one. My .02

many cc company will reject purchases from suspicious buys,especially from foreign lands like china,you have to call to get purchased ok'd.

Would anyone know if Care Refresh is available in Australia for AU owners, thanks.?!
Yes of course. I have it.

Does anyone know what / if there is a cut of for this, of purchasing after the 48hrs ?
Just interested, if you'd had it say a month or two, and wanted to get it, you still can with flight verification ?

Also, I imagine it would still expire 1 year from activation ?
And probably pay same, so less value the longer you leave it.

Never considered it, and after 6 months or so not really on the needs list, but curious to know.

I went right through the terms of service mate and cant find an answer for you? Maybe ask DJI the question?

This is vague, isn't it ...?!

DJI:
Our repair staff will conduct damage assessment and send you an invoice. After receiving the invoice, you can either choose to repair your product or replace the aircraft under DJI Care Refresh.

Not really Bud, they are giving you the choice.. dont forget you only have two bites of the cherry with refresh.

I went right through the terms of service mate and cant find an answer for you? Maybe ask DJI the question?

Cheers, T&C and indeed their instructions in general are far from complete normally.
They might well have a policy on what I asked, but not of enough personal curiosity to go through a major phone session to find out :)

Maybe someone down the track will have been through it and post up, I imagine it would be the same for Aust and international buyers.

In order to claim DJI Care Refresh the drone needs to be recovered (not lost) and handed over to DJI, correct...?!

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
IMWOOD