DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

New Mavic Pro 2 owner.

RichardBG

Reactions
Hi,
I have at last - got myself a drone - 'Santa' brought it yesterday (but I had to pay him for it of course !!) - it's a Mavic Pro 2. Unpacked it - downloaded the manual - downloaded the DJI Go 4 app for my Android mobile - registered it - but then - started with the problems !!! Controller showing 'EMMC FULL' and even after I installed a blank (FAT32) 128GB SanDisk SD card in the drone - still had the error message. Could not access the 'Format' menu in the DJI Go 4 app. In the end - I realised that the link cable between the controller and the Samsung Galaxy S8 mobile was not fully seating in the mobile. Had to push it out of the retainer slide to get it fully seated in the mobile. Then - the app gave me the Format option - so used it - and bingo - 'Ready to Fly' appeared on the controller.
However - as a complete noob here - I have a question which the manual does not fully explain. Can the Mavic Pro 2 be flown by the controller on its own - can it be flown by the mobile app on its own - or does it always have to use controller and mobile co-joined ??
Thanks for a great Forum - I guess I'll be reading everything on here in the days to come. But at the moment - I find that it appears to be a poor design regarding fully seating the link cable (C type on mobile - a Samsung Galaxy S8) - I have to remove it from the arm retainer slider completely to get it to fully engage on the mobile.
Season's Greetings to all Forum members.
Regards,
Richard

Reactions: dirkclod
Hi,
Thank you for the reply - much appreciated. So do you mean that the normal USB socket on the bottom of the controller can also be used to connect the controller to the mobile phone ? Not sure of the ID of the connector used on the controller for the small cable - it's not a C type and it's not a micro USB. Thanks for the link to the cables/adaptors on Amazon. I'm in the UK - will check that out. But of course - if the mobile phone is held in the controller bottom clamps - then the bottom USB socket on the controller cannot be used. How then - do you use a mobile phone and the controller together if the mobile isn't held within the controller ?? Apologies I perhaps should raise these questions on another thread rather on this one.
Regards,
Richard

The contoller on side is indeed a micro connector, just in an odd square form that will not prevent you from inserting in the wrong direction and damaging it. The bottom usb can be used with a device in the arms.

Hi Again,
Many thanks for this info. I'll do some more experimentation with the mobile phone in the bottom arm clamps and using the USB socket - I have got USB/micro USB cables - plus DJI also have provided a USB micro/USB C adaptor in the box. Much appreciate your reply.
Season's Greetings.
Richard

Welcome to the forum! :)

if the mobile phone is held in the controller bottom clamps - then the bottom USB socket on the controller cannot be used
I always use the bottom USB port when my mobile phone is clamped into the remote controller. That port should not be blocked by your phone.

Hi - thanks yes - just looked again - the lower USB port is still accessible when the mobile phone is held in the two underarm clamps.
Regards,
Richard

Hi,
I have at last - got myself a drone - 'Santa' brought it yesterday (but I had to pay him for it of course !!)
Season's Greetings to all Forum members.
Regards,
Richard
Welcome to Mavic Pilots .
I hope you will find our site helpful and look forward to any input , photo's/video's you might post .
Don't be shy and ask anything if you can't find it by searching . Thumbswayup

Thank you Dirkclod - I've already learned several things on this Forum which aren't in the manual !!!
Season's Greetings.
Richard

Welcome to MavicPilots from Dayton Ohio USA! Enjoy the Mavic 2 Pro, absolutely love mine! Fly safe and have fun!

Thank you Aerial Pixel.... not flown yet ... need to find insurance for it here in the UK first !!!
Season's Greetings,
Richard

In case you're curious, the side port is micro USB A. We're used to seeing micro-usb B with the A end being full sized.

Note that the bottom port will not work if you have one of the short cables plugged into the side, even if no device is on the other end.

Thank you DanMan - another useful piece of information from this Forum. Now I can get the correct cable !!! Many thanks,
Regards,
Richard

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kquach229