DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

New Mavic Pro Crashed

Sar104, I have no idea how to get the DAT file, that was why I need help from you guys. I don't know what I did wrong! . I followed the instruction from this link How to retrieve a V3 .DAT File from the AC,
1. when I clicked the "Data upload"-> Confirm-> I did not see anything there.
2. I clicked on "Flight data", --> confirm -> open data viewer : Nothing there, the screen is empty nothing there but it give me one big gray square on the center and 2 white square boxes on the left and 2 on the right
3. I clicked back to "Data Upload" -> I see one file with today's date and present time. -> save to local computer, one file saved " DJI_ASSISTANT_EXPORT_FILE_2019-03-06_20-58-01.DAT"
And every time I clicked on the "Data upload" it added another file same date.. However I don't see any DAT file from date and time of the crash
I am really blind on this thing, this is my first time to use the Assistant and connecting via usb to my laptop.. I appreciated if you can point out what I did wrong here...

Thanks for your time
Joseph

I suggest that you export the file it is offering to create.

Attached is a google picture; really not safe place to fly !
Holy Kilovolts! Those are some SERIOUS high voltage transmission lines! I'm not sure I'd feel comfortable flying around them.
Even without the issues around avoiding hitting them, the electric field affect on the Mavic's communications would be concern enough.

Reactions: Huge Bama Fan
For me the scenario is crystal clear;
- you flought your bird under the powerlines
- but then you lost connection in this area and your bird initiated RTH, thus ascending above the powerlines altitude (by chance you did not crashed at this time !)
- you decided to reduce altitude during RTH process (probably a very bad idea; you'd better stay higher) and then crashed into the lines

Attached is a google picture; really not safe place to fly !
Hi Babar13. Thank you for your quote!. The Mavic had never got out of my sight. If it hit the power line, i would never go to this forum asking for help find out why it crashed. I am 100% sure and it was far from the power line. The Mavic is so "high tech" to me to learn compared to my Raptor 30, TRex Helicopters..everything is manual, it so much harder to flight, too danger but easy to understand and some cheap drones I bought from Costco when it first came out years ago. I just am wondering why there are no DAT files in the AC.. i really need help to learn tracking back my flight. I read somewhere I may not find all or some DAT files if my SD card are full. Are there any internal memory? It should have! otherwise user can copy fake DAT to the SD and blame for defective warranty repair? Anyway, the gimbal ribbon cable, the arm is easy to replace. However, I thank you for any of your help!. One more thing. I am very behind the technology, if it dropped from the "sky" should the frequency to communicate with the transmitter should be inspected by the factory? Or it should be fine...
I will find out why it crashed!!

Joseph

Holy Kilovolts! Those are some SERIOUS high voltage transmission lines! I'm not sure I'd feel comfortable flying around them.
Even without the issues around avoiding hitting them, the electric field affect on the Mavic's communications would be concern enough.
I agreed. That could be the reason why it crashed..

Hi Babar13. Thank you for your quote!. The Mavic had never got out of my sight. If it hit the power line, i would never go to this forum asking for help find out why it crashed. I am 100% sure and it was far from the power line.

Sorry - that statement is clearly incorrect. The flight track and compass data show that it was very close to the power line. You were 100 m away, and in a very poor position to judge its proximity.

1551978257375.jpeg

Hello all. If it hit the power line or not, that is my lesson not to fly near the power line or on top of the crowd. Anything can happen and can kill someone when it crashes. I found the reason why it crashed. Today, I cleaned my AC and checked for damages. I noticed # 1 prop broke in half on the broken rear right arm when it fell to the ground, #2 prop is ok, #3 prop got a small thin cut like a knife cut and #4 prop is gone. I recalled there was noise (thread #8), and I thought I saw something flew off from the AC,..

I went back to the crash site just now.. only see the piece of the prop broke when the arm broke into the ground.. so the problem was somehow the prop flew off from the arm hit other prop and cause the cut as I mention above and crashed. From the ground where I found the AC to look up, there are no line on top. I am sending the photo where I was when the AC fell down. 20190307_172756.jpg

Sorry - that statement is clearly incorrect. The flight track and compass data show that it was very close to the power line. You were 100 m away, and in a very poor position to judge its proximity.

View attachment 65260
Sar104, very high tech!. would you please teach me how you got the map out from the link i sent ? (if you dont mind) thank you. Joseph

The very first alarm notice you got should have stopped you from flying IMHO.
Strong interference. Fly with caution.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
albestinspections