DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

New Mavic Pro Crashed

Aaaall

Reactions
Hello everyone. I am new to this forum, hope you all doing good!. I purchased new Mavic Pro, about 3 months ago. I live in a NFZ, therefore I only flew in the parking lot at work. Yesterday i flew outside the parking and that is the only time, to test longest distance about 400 feet, 80 feet high. When the building was about to block my view, I turned it back home, On the way to Home, it suddently twisting around and dropped down like a dead bird. One arm and camera broken. Does anyone know what happened? Thank you

Best Regards
Joseph.

it crashed probably interference from some unknown source give the flight data to @Meta4

On the way to Home, it suddently twisting around and dropped down like a dead bird. One arm and camera broken. Does anyone know what happened?
Can you provide the flight logs so we can review them?

You can upload the TXT flight log from your mobile device here. See the instructions at the bottom of that page if need help finding the TXT file. Post a link to that page back here after uploading your TXT file.

It would also be helpful to see the DAT flight log from the Mavic. See these instructions if you need help retrieving the DAT file. If the DAT file is too large to attach here, you can upload it to a file sharing site (like dropbox) and post the download link here.

Hello everyone. I am new to this forum, hope you all doing good!. I purchased new Mavic Pro, about 3 months ago. I live in a NFZ, therefore I only flew in the parking lot at work. Yesterday i flew outside the parking and that is the only time, to test longest distance about 400 feet, 80 feet high. When the building was about to block my view, I turned it back home, On the way to Home, it suddently twisting around and dropped down like a dead bird. One arm and camera broken. Does anyone know what happened?
The flight data suggests that your joystick rudder was slightly out of calibration but that would not have have had much affect.
It shows a steady RTH with you using the left stick to bring the height down from 6:12.8 as the Mavic got closer.
At 6:15.7 there are sudden big changes to the aircraft's pitch, roll and yaw indicating that the Mavic appears to hit an obstacle 60 feet up..
The altitude falls as the Mavic tumbles to the ground and the error messages are all after the collision.
Google Earth doesn't show much in the way of trees in that area but it does show a power cable.
I suspect that's the cause of the incident.

Interference is common but it doesn't cause crashes.
At worst, it will only cause a loss of signal which would trigger RTH.
i was not far out @Meta4 when you think the cable interfered with it and caused the crash,but i know what you were saying

The flight data suggests that your joystick rudder was slightly out of calibration but that would not have have had much affect.
It shows a steady RTH with you using the left stick to bring the height down from 6:12.8 as the Mavic got closer.
At 6:15.7 there are sudden big changes to the aircraft's pitch, roll and yaw indicating that the Mavic appears to hit an obstacle 60 feet up..
The altitude falls as the Mavic tumbles to the ground and the error messages are all after the collision.
Google Earth doesn't show much in the way of trees in that area but it does show a power cable.
I suspect that's the cause of the incident.
I was careful to lower the attitude not to hit the power cables. It started acting when it was far away from the power cable. I heard a weird sound before it rolls, like one of the motor failed?

Reactions: Mavic Pro Platinum
I heard a weird sound before it rolls, like one of the motor failed?
Your DAT file will likely show whether or not a motor failed. Can you upload it?

Your DAT file will likely show whether or not a motor failed. Can you upload it?
Could anyone upload the 1.1.6 please?
i found the link for dji assistant 2 version 1.1.6 but it doesn't open. Errors when I click on the link

https://dl.djicdn.com/downloads/dji_assistant/20170915+for+P4+and+ronin/DJI+Assistant+2+1.1.6.exe

<Error>
<Code>AccessDenied</Code>
<Message>Access Denied</Message>
<RequestId>1CFC9CF5092EFE55</RequestId>
<HostId>
dpiD334hTc4lmpNsxhOLZTfucnavHA7si+4sUxB7uO+NS4SakjgZ8kQTdm4cI1wnxBH2x+2tzoM=
</HostId>
</Error>

Last edited:
Reactions: Mavic Pro Platinum
this is the error when I clicked on the link to download, I tried both windows 10 and 7, Chrome and Firefox. Please help
<Error>
<Code>AccessDenied</Code>
<Message>Access Denied</Message>
<RequestId>1CFC9CF5092EFE55</RequestId>
<HostId>
dpiD334hTc4lmpNsxhOLZTfucnavHA7si+4sUxB7uO+NS4SakjgZ8kQTdm4cI1wnxBH2x+2tzoM=
</HostId>
</Error>

Why are you trying to download an old version.

DJI Assistant 2 v1.2.4

Thank you for your help.
My AC FW is 1.04.0500
The instruction said "For newer AC firmware versions the Assistant will create a compressed file on the host computer that contains the FLYnnn.DAT files. " Where do I find this compressed file?
On the DJI Assistant, left column I have the options:
Data upload, Flight data, Black box... None of them has any DAT files. Please help!
Joseph

Thank you for your help.
My AC FW is 1.04.0500
The instruction said "For newer AC firmware versions the Assistant will create a compressed file on the host computer that contains the FLYnnn.DAT files. " Where do I find this compressed file?
On the DJI Assistant, left column I have the options:
Data upload, Flight data, Black box... None of them has any DAT files. Please help!
Joseph

You really need to follow the instructions. I get the impression that you haven't even read beyond the statement that you quoted above.

You really need to follow the instructions. I get the impression that you haven't even read beyond the statement that you quoted above.
Sar104, I have no idea how to get the DAT file, that was why I need help from you guys. I don't know what I did wrong! . I followed the instruction from this link How to retrieve a V3 .DAT File from the AC,
1. when I clicked the "Data upload"-> Confirm-> I did not see anything there.
2. I clicked on "Flight data", --> confirm -> open data viewer : Nothing there, the screen is empty nothing there but it give me one big gray square on the center and 2 white square boxes on the left and 2 on the right
3. I clicked back to "Data Upload" -> I see one file with today's date and present time. -> save to local computer, one file saved " DJI_ASSISTANT_EXPORT_FILE_2019-03-06_20-58-01.DAT"
And every time I clicked on the "Data upload" it added another file same date.. However I don't see any DAT file from date and time of the crash
I am really blind on this thing, this is my first time to use the Assistant and connecting via usb to my laptop.. I appreciated if you can point out what I did wrong here...

Thanks for your time
Joseph

For me the scenario is crystal clear;
- you flought your bird under the powerlines
- but then you lost connection in this area and your bird initiated RTH, thus ascending above the powerlines altitude (by chance you did not crashed at this time !)
- you decided to reduce altitude during RTH process (probably a very bad idea; you'd better stay higher) and then crashed into the lines

Attached is a google picture; really not safe place to fly !

Attachments

• lines.jpg
    lines.jpg
    296.1 KB · Views: 174
Last edited:
For me the scenario is crystal clear;
- you flought your bird under the powerlines
- but then you lost connection in this area and your bird initiated RTH, thus ascending above the powerlines altitude (by chance you did not crashed at this time !)
- you decided to reduce altitude during RTH process (probably a very bad idea; you'd better stay higher) and then crashed into the lines

Attached is a google picture; really not safe place to fly !

That's not quite what happened, in that connection was not lost - RTH was selected manually. However, your hypothesis on what caused the crash looks likely to be correct.

Graph0.png

RTH was selected at 357 seconds. The aircraft pre-ascended to 20 m, turned to face the home point, ascended to 30 m (the preset RTH height) and then started back towards the home point. The pilot applied down throttle at 373 seconds as it started to move, and it began to descend again. At 376 seconds, after traveling 8 m towards home and descending 9 m to around 20 m height, it appears to have struck a power line. It was 95 m from the home point at the time, and so the pilot may have heard the noise of one of the props hitting the line.

Worth noting that at 362 seconds, as it was pre-ascending, it started registering compass errors, suggesting that it was very close to the lines.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tienvn1904