DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

New Mavic Pro owner in New Mexico

PenMan

Reactions
Hello. I just bought a Mavic Pro during the Amazon prime sale. I had been debating between the Mavic Pro and a Phantom 4. The Mavic won based on price and size along with the fact that it will do everything I want it to do. I am strictly using for fun and the only drone experience I have had was with an $89 toy. I do have a couple of questions. I have one question about compatibility of phone with the DJI Go app. I have a Motorola Droid Turbo phone running Android version 6.0.1. Will it work? Second question concerns the FAA license. I have seen some recent videos that say it is no longer required. Is that true? I'm sure I'll have more questions in the future and thanks in advance for any help.

Reactions: dirkclod
Hello. I just bought a Mavic Pro during the Amazon prime sale. I had been debating between the Mavic Pro and a Phantom 4. The Mavic won based on price and size along with the fact that it will do everything I want it to do. I am strictly using for fun and the only drone experience I have had was with an $89 toy. I do have a couple of questions. I have one question about compatibility of phone with the DJI Go app. I have a Motorola Droid Turbo phone running Android version 6.0.1. Will it work? Second question concerns the FAA license. I have seen some recent videos that say it is no longer required. Is that true? I'm sure I'll have more questions in the future and thanks in advance for any help.
Howdy from Wyoming @PenMan , welcome to the community, plenty of fine folk and excellent information here.

I have a Motorola Droid Turbo phone running Android version 6.0.1. Will it work?
It's not one of the recommended or commonly used phones, but you can try it to see how DJI GO runs on it. If the live video in DJI GO lags, then try the tips in this article.

Second question concerns the FAA license. I have seen some recent videos that say it is no longer required. Is that true?
The registration rule was reinstated in December 2017 (see more details here). It's required by H.R.2810, Section 1092 (d).

You can register with the FAA here. If you're only flying as a hobbyist, register under "Section 336".

Hello,
It is a pleasure to welcome you to the Mavic Pilots forum.
I hope that you will be able to use the forum to further your safety knowledge and for the exchange of innovative ideas and as a resource for current developments in Mavic quadcopters.
Happy birthday!
Enjoy! Thumbswayup
*MAVIC PRO/PLATINUM MANUAL: https://dl.djicdn.com/downloads/mavic/Mavic Pro User Manual V2.0-.pdf
*MAVIC AIR MANUAL: https://dl.djicdn.com/downloads/Mavic Air/20180213/Mavic Air User Manual_v1.2.pdf
*GO 4 APP MANUAL: DJI Go 4 Manual

Welcome to Mavic Pilots .
I hope you will find our site helpful and look forward to any input , photo's/video's you might post .
Don't be shy and ask anything if you can't find it by searching :)

Welcome to Mavicpilots. If you ever need advice or repair questions, feel free to reach out to the forum.

I buy, sell and repair DJI products and accessories and also teach people how to fly.

Welcome to Mavic Pilots from Dayton Ohio USA! Enjoy your new Mavic, Fly safe and have fun!

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
maniac2000