DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

New Mavic Pro Owner

Fatjac

Reactions
Hi All,

Well I received my new drone last week & I've waited to go ahead with my first flight while I researched insurance, read everything I could, watched videos and generally tried to assimilate as much information as I can before actually trying to get into into the air!

So today I felt that I was ready & duly set out with my drone, remote & iPad to take my first flight. It was going well, in fact exactly as predicted, up until compass calibration.

It just would not calibrate. The firmware has been updated, DJI Go 4 is up to date, the batteries are good etc etc. It just would pass the sideways test. 25 times I tried, front of the house, back of the house read some more...went to a field...watched some more videos...no! Eventually after several hours I decided to take it back to the shop & get an exchange. I'll leave that story as it would take a few more pages to tell.

Anyway here I am back to square one. A brand new Fly More Combo waiting to go. The batteries are almost charged as is the controller & I'm about to start again.

So two questions. What do I have to do to the registration when I start the app again? How do I tell it that I have a different drone/ serial number?

Then are there any tips for compass calibration before I try again. I am sure that it's not me but it's not a bad idea to ask before I go ahead and give it another go...

TIA

Gary

Thanks very much.

I have just read the compass calibration guide.

So the DJI App will know that I am replacing the drone rather than adding another?

Hi All,

Well I received my new drone last week & I've waited to go ahead with my first flight while I researched insurance, read everything I could, watched videos and generally tried to assimilate as much information as I can before actually trying to get into into the air!

So today I felt that I was ready & duly set out with my drone, remote & iPad to take my first flight. It was going well, in fact exactly as predicted, up until compass calibration.

It just would not calibrate. The firmware has been updated, DJI Go 4 is up to date, the batteries are good etc etc. It just would pass the sideways test. 25 times I tried, front of the house, back of the house read some more...went to a field...watched some more videos...no! Eventually after several hours I decided to take it back to the shop & get an exchange. I'll leave that story as it would take a few more pages to tell.

Anyway here I am back to square one. A brand new Fly More Combo waiting to go. The batteries are almost charged as is the controller & I'm about to start again.

So two questions. What do I have to do to the registration when I start the app again? How do I tell it that I have a different drone/ serial number?

Then are there any tips for compass calibration before I try again. I am sure that it's not me but it's not a bad idea to ask before I go ahead and give it another go...

TIA

Gary
Only tip would be to make sure you have no metallic objects close when you carry it out.

I made a rookie mistake of trying to calibrate with a watch on and failed every time. Spent around 20mins scratching my head until I realised.

So the DJI App will know that I am replacing the drone rather than adding another?
The DJI GO app doesn't care which drone you're flying (or if it's a replacement or not). If the drone is brand new and has never been activated, you'll be prompted to do so the first time you connect it to DJI GO.

Thanks. I have checked, rechecked & checked again that there is no visible metal. Also moved to a few different locations.

I'll be trying the new Mavic P soon...

Success! Calibrated first time. The other unit must have been broken from the off...

Now onto the next steps.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
inventoryahead0