DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

New Mavic Pro Platinum Combo Owner

Tic,Toc,Tic,Toc Popcorn,and soda in hand!:D

Tic,Toc,Tic,Toc Popcorn,and soda in hand!:D

sorry, I had problems in calibration, today everything ok, I tried my Mavic at home 5 minutes, very quiet, stable, I still have to install the Crystalsky monitor I have routed the cable, tomorrow or after tomorrow I try to go near the HB to Trying the commands is a bit difficult, I will slowly learn everything. Thanks friendsThumbswayup:)

today I took home with my drone at home for 5 minutes , I've had problems in calibration, now everything is ok, tomorrow or after tomorrow I try my first flight on Huntington Beach and it's a bit difficult, slowly everything okThumbswayup:)
Yeah,take the time to learn the drone! Also I would pick a location with less wind,if you are flying in beginner mode. Maybe get access to a baseball/football field near by?

Last edited:
sorry if I have not yet made my review of my new Mavic, I had the fever for a few days, I tried to fly to my home with my iphone 7 plus but problems with some errors, today I installed my Crystal Sky 5 monitor 5'5 and in the next few days I try to fly to the beach.:confused:

Hello Mauro. I am from SoCal area as well and I have flown in Newport Beach several times. The place where I normally fly is at the end of Balboa Blvd. There is a small park and it is also right next to the Entrance Channel. If you look at Google map, you will see that is a very cool place to fly.

First, I suggest that you get to know your drone and its capabilities by flying only at the park there or nearby beach. Don't fly over the water yet and it's better to start in beginner mode.

Second, start to learn about wind flow. It may feel like a relaxing breeze on ground level but it may be like a hurricane when the drone is 400ft up. Especially at open space areas like beaches, wind is strong most of the time. Watch for battery level and take wind flow into consideration to make sure that your drone has enough power to return home.

Third, once you feel confident, you can start flying out a little. At this point, you will see this place is a great place to fly drones. With Mavic capabilities, you will be able to fly over to Corona Del Mar which is right across the channel. You will also be able to fly over to Balboa Island and Newport Bay. Small cruise ships, boats, canoes... come in and out of the channel very frequently so you will be able to get some very good footages here.

I recommend this place since it is in Newport Beach so you don't have to drive far. Plus, it's like an all in one package for you. You can start as a beginner here and as you move up, you will find this place even more interesting. Trust me, this place is not boring like a local park.

I have seen seals a couple times there as well.

hello my friend, I tried to fly home only these days at 5 meters, the area you say on the map says that you can not fly, this and the link http://suas.modelaircraft.org/sites/all /themes/suas/maps/index.html#
Where are you going to fly? next week I buy one hour lesson with the new DJI of costa Mesa, it costs around $ 100, I also installed the DJI Crystal Sky 5'5 beautiful screen. Thanks Mauro

my third flight, Normal Setting Cinema Filter n 8 my third flight , minute 1.48 per minute 2 maybe a shark on the right?o_O Huntington Beach, Good turkey party my friends

Very nice, looks awesome. I am waiting for my MPP I live in the Caribbean islands hopefully I will be able to upload some nice video sometime.

Reactions: mkdive
I'm a beginner, but this video made today November 24, 2017 with my Mavic Pro Platinum, cinematic filter n. 8 in Crystal Cove California is Fantastic. thank you My friendThumbswayup

Pal, I can't wait on my MPP. That video looks pretty much like the Caribbean, great work keep it up.

Hey caj what are the settings you are using for this, like shutter speed etc, are the sensors at the bottom on? Since you're flying over water? Keep me updated.

Hey caj what are the settings you are using for this, like shutter speed etc, are the sensors at the bottom on? Since you're flying over water? Keep me updated.
Pal, I can't wait on my MPP. That video looks pretty much like the Caribbean, great work keep it up.

Thanks to my friend, no setting, normal setting, I just put a Mavic Cinematic filter, number 4 or 8 or 12, this video with number 8 filter. I did the firmware update at 01.004. I begin to try to change the camera controls slowly. thank's my friend.;)Thumbswayup

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
calezu