DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

New Mavic Pro Ultrasonic Sensor Error & Crash

Superbazooka

Reactions
Hi all, I'm new to the forums, like I just now signed up and made this post new. However, I am not a newbie to drones, quad copters or quads. I have been building and flying quads for the past 4 years. My first was a custom flamewheel, 250 size race drone and anywhere from 66mm to 220mm tiny whoops to freestyle. I bought myself a DJI Mavic Pro for my own Christmas gift this past Christmas and between "life & work" I have not been able to fly it up until yesterday. I did do all the updates to the drone the other month and when I logged in yesterday there was a firmware update for it so I installed it.
I have 4 battery packs and I was on my 4th pack and I was about 200 ft up and out of no where I get a Ultrasonic Sensor Error, Land Immediately. So I touched RTH and swiped it and it started its way back to me. It got about 40 feet above the landing pad and all 4 motors lost power? shutdown? stopped and then started back up again. when it was about a ft from the ground.
It broke the 2 front feet, shattered my camera and scuffed it up bad. I just about crapped my pants watching it fall and hit the ground.

* I did have the latest firmware and software updates. I did calibrate the drones sensors. I did set the RTH point. Nothing was obstructing or in, on, the sensors as it was just pulled from the hard shell storage case I have for it.

Has anyone else ever had this warning or had it just loose power and fall out of the sky like mine did?

The only thing that kept my spirits up is I do have DJI Care Refresh and I'm going to get the DJI C R+ to extend the coverage. I filed my claim, paid my $79 and printed the label and sent it on its way, so now its a hurry up and wait thing...lol.

Did you pull the logs of the Mavic before you sent it off? If so, upload them so others can view them.

Strange issue for sure. I have had the Ultrasonic error sensor error on the Mavic PP but only when I was flying in some fog and or low clouds that rolled in during the flight. I was able to fly it home, and only got the error once.

Strange on yours that the power died, then started back up again. That is the first time I have heard of that.

Paul Caldwell

Did you pull the logs of the Mavic before you sent it off? If so, upload them so others can view them.

Strange issue for sure. I have had the Ultrasonic error sensor error on the Mavic PP but only when I was flying in some fog and or low clouds that rolled in during the flight. I was able to fly it home, and only got the error once.

Strange on yours that the power died, then started back up again. That is the first time I have heard of that.

Paul Caldwell

Hi Paul and thanks for your response, well.... unfortunately I did not even think about it until after it was dropped in the UPS drop box. I was so flustered, I even forgot to pull my sd card. Wonder if they'll send me a sd card back with the new unit?

Would there by chance be a log stored on my tablet as well or just on the Mavic?

Thx Eric

Yes the tablet will have a .txt flight log.

You have to go to itunes to pull off the file. There is a great post on this site with step by step instructions.

The .dat from aircraft has more data as I understand it. But you need Assistant 2 to pull them.

Once you get the .txt you can upload it and see if someone can take a look.

Paul C

I'm from Brazil but had purchased a Mavic Pro from internet and I suppose that it came from EUA because had not Anatel tag inside. Since I did my first flight my drone start to show the error message about ultrassonic sensor and in my 3rd flight, after receive the error message and during automatic landing procedure the drone got down fast and did not stop till hit the ground. Due the fast velocity that it got down, has broken the gimbal and the rear left arm.
As I'm live in Brazil and here we have no DJI's oficial store, I did the repair by myself aplying spares from internet but it cost me around USD 900. The problem is that although the drone is flighting and shooting pictures and videos ok now the error appear constantly and I has no confidence to fly again (scared).
Today I tryed flight I little bit but the error has appear and the drone landing sudently and forcefully. It not broke because it has landing on the grass (luck).
Anyone find any solution for it?

I had same sensor warning so I returned home landed hard but nothing broken. Never saw this before have flown hundreds of flights????

Hi Paul and thanks for your response, well.... unfortunately I did not even think about it until after it was dropped in the UPS drop box. I was so flustered, I even forgot to pull my sd card. Wonder if they'll send me a sd card back with the new unit?

Would there by chance be a log stored on my tablet as well or just on the Mavic?

Thx Eric

Your mobile device will have both a txt log file and a DAT file. Both would be useful here.

DJI Flight Log Viewer

How to retrieve a V3.DAT from the tablet

Reactions: MavicMoira
Anyone here with the cure for the error?
I got the message "ultrasonic sensor error" - did the firmware refresh (.400) and calibration of sensors on DJI Assistant 2.
Error still occurs.

DJI service suggest to send my unit to them for diagnostics.

Anyone successfully resolved the problem?

While flying tonight the "Ultrasonic Error - Land Immediately " came on at 124 ft. in the air. I had just stopped and turned 180 deg. and switched to Sport Mode to do a "Fly by" to show my son, I had just bought him a remote for his Spark, I was flying the Mavic Pro. Drone went about twenty feet and started spinning and loosing height and fell into the woods below, striking trees around 75ft. from ground. Was unable to locate in the dark and on neighbor''s property, will search in the morning. Battery was at around 50%, so if anyone is flying theirs with this error take caution, as mine fell from the sky after a few seconds of receiving the error. I hope the trees broke its fall, I know they took out some props on the way down from the errors received. Wish me luck on the hunt, will change it''s name to Red October after this.

Last edited:
While flying tonight the "Ultrasonic Error - Land Immediately " came on at 124 ft. in the air. I had just stopped and turned 180 deg. and switched to Sport Mode to do a "Fly by" to show my son, I had just bought him a remote for his Spark, I was flying the Mavic Pro. Drone went about twenty feet and started spinning and loosing height and fell into the woods below, striking trees around 75ft. from ground. Was unable to locate in the dark and on neighbor''s property, will search in the morning. Battery was at around 50%, so if anyone is flying theirs with this error take caution, as mine fell from the sky after a few seconds of receiving the error. I hope the trees broke its fall, I know they took out some props on the way down from the errors received. Wish me luck on the hunt, will change it''s name to Red October after this.

Get the Logs off your devices and post them here this sounds like its popping up on a few people.

Anyone here with the cure for the error?
I got the message "ultrasonic sensor error" - did the firmware refresh (.400) and calibration of sensors on DJI Assistant 2.
Error still occurs.

DJI service suggest to send my unit to them for diagnostics.

Anyone successfully resolved the problem?
I 3D Printed these caps and haven't had an issue since. The lower visions sensors still work and the aircraft lands smoothly. STL available if anyone needs it.

Attachments

• IMG_4902[1].JPG
    IMG_4902[1].JPG
    2 MB · Views: 2
  • Screenshot.jpg
    Screenshot.jpg
    131.1 KB · Views: 2

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members