DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

New Mavic Question

Jimmer

Reactions
Just got my new Mavic today. After waiting for a reseller for months I decided to order directly from DJI Tuesday (and forgo my discount with the reseller) and it came today already! So, I was super excited.

Problem is when I opened it up for the first time the gimbal cover (the large round thing) was not even on it and the gimbal clamp didn't seem to be all the way on. It wasn't holding the camera in place like it does when I put it on. I haven't flown it yet but should I be worried about that? Should I just see if the gimbal seems to work fine when I am flying it here in a little?

Any thoughts or advice would be helpful. Thanks much!

If it was partially on it should have stopped it from bouncing around too much, personally I would fire it up without flying it, see if there are any error messages, and just move it around slowly by hand while filming, and then pull the card and look at the video. If it all looks good, I would say you're all right. You'll probably have to do a firmware update, so make sure everything is charged up!

It rattles around quite a bit in normal use and handling and is tougher than you think. I agree with AlwaysAWOL. Give it a try. It's probably fine.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jacjes