DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

New Member Hello.

faceplant

Reactions
Hi, my name is Lucas and I have been reading about drones and wanting one for many years. I am super excited to say I just ordered the Mavic Pro Platinum from DJI with the fly more combo and the added protection. I have tracking info. It left China yesterday, got to Hong Kong last night, got to LA this morning and is expected to arrive to me by Friday. I read the manual front to back today, and watched several videos on you tube (been watching videos for a few weeks) I will continue to study the manual, and watch some videos.
I have a question. I have an iPhone 5S. It's a couple of years old. Could I count on this phone as a decent monitor to start with? It's a company phone and I don't want to go buy a new phone just for the drone. I see some people use iPad mini. I'd like to stick with Apple product. If I cleaned up my phone (i.e. got rid of a bunch of photo's and videos, turned of apps etc, and used in airplane mode) could I rely on it? Or should I get a newer phone (or iPad?)
Thanks.
I look forward to unboxing and first test flight.

Welcome to Mavic Pilots! :)

I have an iPhone 5S. It's a couple of years old. Could I count on this phone as a decent monitor to start with?
Upgrade it to iOS 11.2.1 and set it up like this.

Very impressed with the delivery. I ordered early in the week and it arrived at my door Thursday. I read the manuals this week and am waiting for good weather for first flight. Did the simulator thing this morning. Very impressed with the packaging.

DJI Drone Deals

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Slitsling69