DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

New Member Hello.

faceplant

Reactions
Hi, my name is Lucas and I have been reading about drones and wanting one for many years. I am super excited to say I just ordered the Mavic Pro Platinum from DJI with the fly more combo and the added protection. I have tracking info. It left China yesterday, got to Hong Kong last night, got to LA this morning and is expected to arrive to me by Friday. I read the manual front to back today, and watched several videos on you tube (been watching videos for a few weeks) I will continue to study the manual, and watch some videos.
I have a question. I have an iPhone 5S. It's a couple of years old. Could I count on this phone as a decent monitor to start with? It's a company phone and I don't want to go buy a new phone just for the drone. I see some people use iPad mini. I'd like to stick with Apple product. If I cleaned up my phone (i.e. got rid of a bunch of photo's and videos, turned of apps etc, and used in airplane mode) could I rely on it? Or should I get a newer phone (or iPad?)
Thanks.
I look forward to unboxing and first test flight.

Welcome to Mavic Pilots! :)

I have an iPhone 5S. It's a couple of years old. Could I count on this phone as a decent monitor to start with?
Upgrade it to iOS 11.2.1 and set it up like this.

Very impressed with the delivery. I ordered early in the week and it arrived at my door Thursday. I read the manuals this week and am waiting for good weather for first flight. Did the simulator thing this morning. Very impressed with the packaging.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
phoenix_00002