DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

New Mini - NO Compatible Android Device!

How do you find the display on the Tab A? I see its only 203 ppi?

Colin
As the mini only transmits in 720p, it looks A-OK to me. I haven't flown it with my Pro Platinum yet but I'm expecting the image quality to be decent enough. I mainly use it just to line up shots so I'm not too worried about the actual quality on the tablet. But even at 34 years old my eyes aren't that good. I switched from an ultra-wide 1440p monitor to a ultra-wide 1080p and didn't notice a difference after about 5 minutes gaming. The tablet will be my device for DJI products, I am not a big fan of apple and couldn't justify dropping 400 bucks on a mini iPad whatever number they are on

The tablet will be my device for DJI products, I am not a big fan of apple and couldn't justify dropping 400 bucks on a mini iPad whatever number they are on

Yeah that's my plan as well ... unlike you I am an IOS guy ... HOWEVER, LIKE yourself I wouldn't even consider dropping a whole bunch of coin JUST for a device that'll help me "see" while I'm flying this! It's enough that I have to buy an additional device JUST for this drone. :(

Anyway did you have any problems downloading and using the app with the Tab A? According to Raemo he had to use the DJI apk file as it wouldn't appear as an option in the Google play store. Was that your experience as well?

Thanks!
Colin

Yeah that's my plan as well ... unlike you I am an IOS guy ... HOWEVER, LIKE yourself I wouldn't even consider dropping a whole bunch of coin JUST for a device that'll help me "see" while I'm flying this! It's enough that I have to buy an additional device JUST for this drone. :(

Anyway did you have any problems downloading and using the app with the Tab A? According to Raemo he had to use the DJI apk file as it wouldn't appear as an option in the Google play store. Was that your experience as well?

Thanks!
Colin
Yeah, i had to side load the app, but no problems or software crashes

Thanks!
Colin
It depends on what Tab A you have. Mine has 4GB. I was able to install from Play. Though it would not appear in a general search, it appeared listing all DJI apps.

Reactions: localbacon
Samsung galasxy J7 sm-j730fm - application cannot be installed.
Should i wait or sell the drone or buy another phone?

It depends on what Tab A you have. Mine has 4GB. I was able to install from Play. Though it would not appear in a general search, it appeared listing all DJI apps.
Correction: I have a Tab S3. I don't know what had me thinking I had an A these last several months.

I`ve heard DJI is going to release new version of FLY in late december. Maybe it will be fixed...

I just installed Fly on an old Sony XA... It flew too. Unfortunately the screen is broken so I can't use it as an everyday device. Now I wish I had never given my kids my old Z5 Premium. ;)

Reactions: Totkrank
Samsung galasxy J7 sm-j730fm - application cannot be installed.
Should i wait or sell the drone or buy another phone?

I believe the J7 has a 64-bit processor BUT a 32 bit OS. From what I have read, it has been stated that DJI will not be making a 32-bit version of FLY so doubtful there will be a solution in the short term. A third-party app is the only hope and that probably won't be any time soon.

Reactions: Totkrank
I just replaced my iPhone 6S plus with a Galaxy Note 10+ last week (good deal at BestBuy on cyber monday), but I'm going to use my old iPhone for the Mini even though cellular data is turned off on it. Everything still works on the iPhone except making calls and cellular data on Verizon. I think you can even get offline maps.

I wonder if that is a samsung thing more than a DJI thing, because it works fine on my Pixel 4XL and my wifes Pixel 3XL, and they both run 10.
Okay, strange. The GO4 App works without any crash . Only the Fly App crashs.. I hold you up2date.

Last edited:
Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Gadget61