DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

New Mini - NO Compatible Android Device!

From what I read across the web the crucial point for Android compatibility is 64bit: Hardware and OS must support 64bit, otherwise you're not compatible.
CPU power and RAM are secondary and will mostly affect performance
Must be something else since SM-T380 is 64bit and the app will not install

SM-T380 only has 2GB. Installer or at least Play may be looking for 4GB.

I have it installed on a Tab A 9.7 pre-2019. Not sure how much RAM, but Play did say app was not optimized for my system.

SM-T380 only has 2GB. Installer or at least Play may be looking for 4GB.

I have it installed on a Tab A 9.7 pre-2019. Not sure how much RAM, but Play did say app was not optimized for my system.
The Go4 app is working perfect on it and others reported it installed on devices with 2GB RAM
It will start staging the app, installation goes to about 75% and then I get message app not installed.

Some more samples for ya guys.
keep in mind I don't own a Mini, this is installing the app itself nothing beyond that yet.

Tab 4 8, 64 bit 2gb of ram
Installed appears as all is well.
Not directly offered from the play store, was able to find and install it via a "publisher" search without issue.
Android 7.1.1 64 bit

Motorola droid turbo 64 bit 3 gb ram
I could not install it, not offered by play store not listed via publisher search. Only way to try it was via apkpure, setup starts but then stops = "failed".
Android 6.1 32 bit

Motorola 3z 64 bit 4 gb ram,
offered and installed without issue direct from the play store.
Android 9 64 bit

Last edited:
Reactions: dcpmark
Tab A SM-T820 64bit 4GB RAM successfully installed from Play around 11/11-12 Did get report app might not be optimized for your device and did have to hunt for the app in Play. Automatically updated to build 491 from Play.

One of the symptoms early on was that Fly could install, but when it connected to the AC, it would crash. Although I installed Fly early on, i didn't have a Mini for testing until last Saturday 11/16. My HTC, Tab and iPad checked out OK. No immediate crashes. It might have crashed on my HTC, but I was getting really low on storage there. Now that I have the OTG adapter, I've been using the Tab.

Tried to factory reset the SM-T380, but unfortunately it did not downgrade to previous android version (still 9.0)
Side loading failed again, App not installed :(
I hope it will change in the future because it was excellent with my Spark.

SM-T387W here. The APK from the website directly downloads but says app not installed at the end of the installation process. If I try in the play store it does not show DJI fly app under list of all DJI products. DJI Go installs fine

installation goes to about 75% and then I get message app not installed.
Enough disk space? Idk how much it initially asks for, but fully installed it takes some 568MB (after first start, I am still waiting for the copter to arrive)
Free RAM could also be an issue - but I am only guessing here.
In any case the Go4 is no reference as it still runs on 32bit systems

I'm awaiting delivery of my Mini, which will be my first-ever DJI product. The phone I want to use is a Sony Xperia X-Compact which is 64-bit (predictably, not in the approved list) on Android 8.0.0. I've installed the FLY app, version 491-41213.

It seems to install fine. Everything works that I know to test, right to the point of "Connect Aircraft". Is that enough to predict success? Or have I not yet crossed the critical boundary to know?

(FWIW, I also tried to install on my Galaxy S3 Tab. Installation worked, even showing the get-acquainted videos, but the mapping insists my network, i.e. Wi-Fi, is not good.)

For the original app build, many would find the app would crash on AC connection so you wouldn't be past the critical stage back then.
Now complete install seems to be the hump. I suspect most install failures is system not having enough RAM.

Reactions: Mini77
Enough disk space? Idk how much it initially asks for, but fully installed it takes some 568MB (after first start, I am still waiting for the copter to arrive)
Free RAM could also be an issue - but I am only guessing here.
In any case the Go4 is no reference as it still runs on 32bit systems
Plenty of space
The tablet is 64bit

RaemoI've had no issues pairing the Mini with a Samsung 2019 Tab A 8" T-290. It runs a 64 bit OS and has a 64 bit bus even though there is no x64 in the kernel description. It also only has 2 GB of Ram (some say Fly reqires 4 GB) but seems to run flawlessly. I did have to use the DJI apk file as it wouldn't appear as an option in the Google play store. Im using version 1.01 and havent updated yet. Great tablet for $150 canuckistan dollars. Hope this info helps.

RaemoI've had no issues pairing the Mini with a Samsung 2019 Tab A 8" T-290. It runs a 64 bit OS and has a 64 bit bus even though there is no x64 in the kernel description. It also only has 2 GB of Ram (some say Fly reqires 4 GB) but seems to run flawlessly. I did have to use the DJI apk file as it wouldn't appear as an option in the Google play store. Im using version 1.01 and havent updated yet. Great tablet for $150 canuckistan dollars. Hope this info helps.

How bright is the tablet outside when is sunny?
Thanks

+1 on the T-290! The 10.1 inch version (T-510) does not work as it uses a 32bit OS.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hiinthesky