DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

New MM firmware just out

I just did a playback of the three little flights/aircraft power on events I did and in each case I see a blue line that extends from 0,0 lat/long to my actual location. Never seen this before.

I just did a playback of the three little flights/aircraft power on events I did and in each case I see a blue line that extends from 0,0 lat/long to my actual location. Never seen this before.

That's because you started the flight before you had a GNSS position lock, so the lat/long was logged as 0/0.

Reactions: Thanev
Ok guys just had a chance to read this thread. I did the update this morning and did get to fly 1 battery to see
if I saw anything differant. I saw no mention of this so will
say what I noticed . We stormed good here last nite so it was bad windy here.I mean the kind you don’t fly the Mini in.
Before it didn’t take much for me the get the wind warning.
On this test flight I never had one. Went against the wind, with it and just flew it like I stole it trying to get it.
Has anyone else noticed that or is it just me.?‍♂️

Reactions: pelagic_one
I updated just before walking out the door, but when I got ready to try there wasn't enough sat locked, so tomorrows another day.;)

Someone had posted this on the DJI forum in which they believe it could be DJI's attempt at resolving the uncontrolled descent issue (due to deformed prop)?051204c2qt9qij1g1cptqt.jpg

Thread at DJI forum:

Someone had posted this on the DJI forum in which they believe it could be DJI's attempt at resolving the uncontrolled descent issue (due to deformed prop)?View attachment 99493

Thread at DJI forum:

That sounds like a credible hypothesis - i.e. they haven't fixed the problem but they have added detection, so when it descends into the drink it is now explaining why as it goes down.

Very nice update best so far in my opinion. Once you put an additional battery in other than the one you did the update with. On the home screen in the upper left corner it prompted for battery update which also on my RC started the update for the RC just make sure your battery in the remote is better than 30%. Keep on Flying Friends.

What difference does the 2.7K 24fps now give? Whatever it was last time, 30? I just kept it on that as thought the higher the better?

Wish I knew more about all the manual settings being discussed as well! Pretty much on auto and hope for the best!

One reason for having a variety of framerates makes it easier to edit the video with other video sources. 24fps is a standard framerate in the film (movie) and TV industry. Any changes in framerate between segments means the editing software has to interpolate or drop frames to match the output framerate - which may lead to juddering and loss of smoothness.
If you only ever view the video from your drone on your phone or laptop then you're right, it doesn't really matter and you probably just want a fast frame rate. But if you're using the video for something else it's nice to have more options.

The same with manual control over camera settings such as exposure, white balance etc. Auto is probably fine for most people - but if you're taking video using the drone in less than optimal lighting conditions and you know what you're doing then you can end up with video that matches your requirements better. Just like having a DSLR and leaving it on auto - you can get reasonable photos most of the time, but if you're want to get photos of say fast moving cars in dull weather you'll need a better understanding of the settings and use manual mode.

That sounds like a credible hypothesis - i.e. they haven't fixed the problem but they have added detection, so when it descends into the drink it is now explaining why as it goes down.
Yeah not sure they can fix it, if the prop itself is deformed causing the issue no firmware update is going to fix that. Only way to (at least anecdotally) prove that is someone test with props known to cause the issue.
That being said would like to know sooner (on takeoff) rather than later (e.g over the drink) if a prop is damaged and should be replaced.

Update went pretty smoothly until I tried updating my last battery. Couldn’t get the app to update the 3rd battery - when I checked for the update, the App kept coming back saying the firmware was up to date.

After well over 20 attempts it randomly recognized that the battery needed the update and installed it.

Reactions: RogerDH
Update went pretty smoothly until I tried updating my last battery. Couldn’t get the app to update the 3rd battery - when I checked for the update, the App kept coming back saying the firmware was up to date.

After well over 20 attempts it randomly recognized that the battery needed the update and installed it.

I think this might be why some people prefer to use the DJI Assistant 2 program rather than the phone app. It identified my second and third batteries needed updating as soon as it connected.

You have a lot of patience; I tried 5 or 6 times to get the 3rd battery to update and gave up. Hopefully, it will just work okay until it decides to update and there's no problem updating in the field.

I'm seeing rougly 20% increase in range in high interference areas with this update. Can anyone else confirm?

I'm seeing the same thing. It says the aircraft has entered a restricted zone and refers to Downsview Airport which is about thirty kilometres away. If anything, Pearson international is between me and Downsview so I am not sure why I am suddenly seeing this message. Weird thing is that I can still take off. I only did a very short hover at like head height since it is a bit windy.

I did check the map in the fly app and it does properly show my location.
I'm getting the Downsview warning as well now and I'm way up in Keswick. It lets me fly but It's much slower speeds on the right stick with the update and it keeps chirping at me about the restricted zone. I'm not sure I like the new firmware!

Reactions: goatman1
Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sathwik