DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

New MP2 Flyer

Mtnmnguru37

Reactions
Brand new MP2 purchased in December and flown once. Very intimidating - any seasoned flyers on the Treasure Coast of FL that can show me the ropes? Thanks everyone!

Reactions: Former Member
Welcome to the forum and I hope you enjoy and benefit as much as I have. I got my M2P in December as well and have flown it around twenty times but I vividly remember my first flight, I was nervous, and yes intimidated, and excited all at once. I am surprised that you have only been able to fly it once in 2+ months.

Welcome to the forum and I hope you enjoy and benefit as much as I have. I got my M2P in December as well and have flown it around twenty times but I vividly remember my first flight, I was nervous, and yes intimidated, and excited all at once. I am surprised that you have only been able to fly it once in 2+ months.

Thanks for responding. Flying once has been by choice. I bought all the extra gear and battery packs, etc. but only flown once. Im thinking about going to pilot school. Are you in the area?

Thanks for responding. Flying once has been by choice. I bought all the extra gear and battery packs, etc. but only flown once. Im thinking about going to pilot school. Are you in the area?

Sorry, I’m in California.

Pilot school would be helpful but in my opinion not necessary. The Mavic 2 is a surprisingly easy to learn on platform. One of my favorite features is the stability. If you are nervous, or unsure at any point you just let go of the control sticks and it just sits there in the air, completely stationary, waiting for you. You can learn at your pace and slowly gain confidence doing a bit more with each flight.

Reactions: Mtnmnguru37
Welcome to the forum! :)

Reactions: Mtnmnguru37
The Mavic 2 Pro is so easy to fly! I am new (first flight December 29th and have currently have flown 34 flights - 6 1/2 hours). We were on a trip to Las Vegas and I made sure to fly it every chance I could. I love that it hovers while waiting for instruction which takes a lot of pressure off. I have my height limit set to 100 m and fly on Tripod mode which limits speed. I have also increased the low battery warning level to give me more time. Watching YouTube videos has helped me a lot. If you aren't able to find anyone local to fly with you, find an open space and practice. Most of all, have fun!

I was very concerned when I bought my Mavic which was my first drone so I took it to a nice wide open space and just practiced with it getting the feel of the controls, landing, taking off etc.

It sounds negative but it's also worth reading through threads where people have crashed their drones to understand how it happened and how it could be avoided to make sure it doesn't happen to you.

The Mavic 2 Pro is so easy to fly! I am new (first flight December 29th and have currently have flown 34 flights - 6 1/2 hours). We were on a trip to Las Vegas and I made sure to fly it every chance I could. I love that it hovers while waiting for instruction which takes a lot of pressure off. I have my height limit set to 100 m and fly on Tripod mode which limits speed. I have also increased the low battery warning level to give me more time. Watching YouTube videos has helped me a lot. If you aren't able to find anyone local to fly with you, find an open space and practice. Most of all, have fun!

Thank you for the feedback! I appreciate it greatly.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Joe Duhr