DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

New MPP owner with several issues

Js415

Reactions
After much thought and consideration I finally bought a Mavic Pro Platinum today. I spent about 6 hours this evening trying to get it set up so I could get it a flight test.

I have multiple issues and questions.

1. I charged the batteries and controller right off the bat. Fired it up and tried to update the firmware. Every time I opened the App I got a message asking me if I wanted the app to open automatically for my DJI Inspire? Why does the App think I have an Inspire?

2. I finally got the update to install after several failed attempts. I was getting continual loss of connection issues.

3. Took the drone outside and I could get the units to connect, then I got Mag. Int. errors and compass calibration errors. I managed to keep it connected long enough to get the compass calibrated. That seemed to take care of the errors.

4. Still could not get off the ground due to constant loss of connection. The only way I could avoid these was to take my phone out of the holder, and just hold it in my hand while connected. Finally got about 3' off the ground, then shut it down due to lack of light.

5. Worked inside for hours with constant connection errors. Finally got rid of the cable on the side of RC and used a cable from the middle of the RC to my phone. That seems to have solved the connection problem... Any ideas?

In the morning I'm going to start over and see how it goes. Afraid to fly too far or high until I am confident that I can keep and maintain a constant connection.

Any ideas on the App thinking I have an Inspire?

Thanks,

Jerry

1. I charged the batteries and controller right off the bat. Fired it up and tried to update the firmware. Every time I opened the App I got a message asking me if I wanted the app to open automatically for my DJI Inspire? Why does the App think I have an Inspire?

You don't have an Inspire then and run it on the device you use with Go4 ?
I have my MP and a Spark, use the same device(s) to fly both.
Whatever I flew last, that is what comes up automatically next time Go4 is run.
I just go back a notch and select the aircraft I'm taking up.

I assume you don't have an Inspire, and have run Go4 for one on your device . . . and even after selecting Mavic Pro Platinum in the app, it still comes up Inspire after you close and restart the app ?
If so, I don't know what's going on there, it should just open up with the last drone flown, in your case your MPP.

I also assume this is a new MPP and device, not previously used to fly, so should be fairly easy to get going.
Usually take maybe 15 - 20 mins out of the box.

Your connection issues.
Seems to be solved ?
If it was a new faulty cable then that is unusual.

I'm not sure if you got a spare short cable with your package ?
My Flymore kit did, not sure if a std package includes an extra or not.
The short cables supplied do normally work better with phones do to setup and proximity of both connections.

In the back of my head, those micro USB ports on the controllers MIGHT be commonly faulty too, it is possible to force the cable in wrong way ?

I've only ever used the USB to device connection, only use the micro USB port for charging the controller.

Hopefully next time out you will find everything ok.
Good luck.

After much thought and consideration I finally bought a Mavic Pro Platinum today. I spent about 6 hours this evening trying to get it set up so I could get it a flight test.

I have multiple issues and questions.

2. I finally got the update to install after several failed attempts. I was getting continual loss of connection issues.

3. Took the drone outside and I could get the units to connect, then I got Mag. Int. errors and compass calibration errors. I managed to keep it connected long enough to get the compass calibrated. That seemed to take care of the errors.

4. Still could not get off the ground due to constant loss of connection. The only way I could avoid these was to take my phone out of the holder, and just hold it in my hand while connected. Finally got about 3' off the ground, then shut it down due to lack of light.

5. Worked inside for hours with constant connection errors. Finally got rid of the cable on the side of RC and used a cable from the middle of the RC to my phone. That seems to have solved the connection problem... Any ideas?

In the morning I'm going to start over and see how it goes. Afraid to fly too far or high until I am confident that I can keep and maintain a constant connection.

Any ideas on the App thinking I have an Inspire?

Thanks,

Jerry
Bad cord or not properly connected and if it thinks you have a different aircraft then all you do just select the correct one from the menu then it will remember that aircraft. DJI Go 4 thinks my MPP is a Phantom if I delete the app and redownload it.

As above, I agree with the cord / side port as a major player in the connectivity issues, I experienced similar when I bought my mpp. As to the magnetic interference, were you wearing a metal watch? I had to stop wearing mine when I wanted to fly due to the sensors picking it up.

Easy to differentiate between app disconnect from RC, which seems to have been your problem all along, and disconnect between RC and AC.
Remote will show "connecting..." when it lost connection with AC.
App will show lost connection with RC vs lost connection with aircraft. First page will show RC connection status in lower left.

If the app can't communicate with the AC, it will assume the model AC, in your case Inspire. With my P3, Go 3 would assume I had Pro when I really had Advanced.

Thank you to all those who haved helped with advice ....

A quick update.

This morning I took off the factory "short" cable, and used a high quality USB to C cable for my connection. I was able to get connected instantly without any problem. Took several short take-offs and landings to make sure I was working good. All seemed fine so I took off out to my field, still in "Beginners Mode" and made about an hours worth of flights.

All seemed good so I took off the "Beginners Mode" and went for a flight. Could not have been smoother or more pleasant. Very stable, nice response, and sooooo very smooth with the control inputs.

A couple of odd occurances though. At the start of one flight, when I powered it on, I got an "incompatible Software" message and suggested I update. I did. It started a 44% and in just about 10 seconds it was finished.

Odd....

Also, I get intermittent beeping sounds from my controller. I thought it was the Avoidance system, but it appears to be some sort of notification that my camera is focusing on a particular area. I can touch the screen, the green square focuses, and then it beeps.

It sounds like a bird chirping,,,,,,it's driving me crazy!!!

Thanks for the help and advice,

Jerry

Thank you to all those who haved helped with advice ....

A quick update.

This morning I took off the factory "short" cable, and used a high quality USB to C cable for my connection. I was able to get connected instantly without any problem. Took several short take-offs and landings to make sure I was working good. All seemed fine so I took off out to my field, still in "Beginners Mode" and made about an hours worth of flights.

All seemed good so I took off the "Beginners Mode" and went for a flight. Could not have been smoother or more pleasant. Very stable, nice response, and sooooo very smooth with the control inputs.

A couple of odd occurances though. At the start of one flight, when I powered it on, I got an "incompatible Software" message and suggested I update. I did. It started a 44% and in just about 10 seconds it was finished.

Odd....

Also, I get intermittent beeping sounds from my controller. I thought it was the Avoidance system, but it appears to be some sort of notification that my camera is focusing on a particular area. I can touch the screen, the green square focuses, and then it beeps.

Thanks for the help and advice,

Jerry
Jerry - interesting you are not alone! I get the infuriating beeping on the controller and I also get the 'Inspire' message when GO4 opens. I have never really thought about it and just say yes and carry on! Maybe that is a mistake!!

My inspire message finally went away. Now when the App opens it shows I am flying a Mavic Pro.

The beeping/chirping is driving me crazy......

Jerry

Get a job in a noisy industry, don't wear hearing protection, in 5 - 10 years you will have no such problem ?
NIHL (noise induced hearing loss) has at least ONE small benefit it seems :rolleyes:;)

There have been a few threads on it . . .

On another post, someone also commented "The RTH and low battery alert beeping can be turned off by pressing the power button once after the remote controller starts beeping" . . . but some replied saying it doesn't work for them.
That may be worth a shot for the auto focus beep too.

Auto Focus Keeps Beeping
Try (use) manual focus ?

Mute (or reduce) device volume ? (seems a good one to do ! may only work with mac tablet ?)

If adventurous you could try this . . .

Also adventurous !!

Last edited:
Reactions: Rnl and JustDavid
The warnings of magnetic interference are your compass warning you that you've put it too close to something made of steel.
What you understood to be a warning to calibrate the compass was a badly worded warning to move the drone away from the steel.
Calibrating the compass was not necessary and would never have "fixed" the problem.
Moving away from the source of the problem is the proper action.

My inspire message finally went away. Now when the App opens it shows I am flying a Mavic Pro.

The beeping/chirping is driving me crazy......

Jerry
The chirping is coming from your device not the controller so all you need to do is turn down the volume of your device and the chirping noise goes away

Get a job in a noisy industry, don't wear hearing protection, in 5 - 10 years you will have no such problem ?
NIHL (noise induced hearing loss) has at least ONE small benefit it seems :rolleyes:;)

There have been a few threads on it . . .

On another post, someone also commented "The RTH and low battery alert beeping can be turned off by pressing the power button once after the remote controller starts beeping" . . . but some replied saying it doesn't work for them.
That may be worth a shot for the auto focus beep too.

Auto Focus Keeps Beeping
Try (use) manual focus ?

Mute (or reduce) device volume ? (seems a good one to do ! may only work with mac tablet ?)

If adventurous you could try this . . .

Also adventurous !!
If you really want to silence all sounds from the remote (except OA alerts) then you just do this and done in 30 seconds

Best $5 you’ll ever spend

Reactions: MAvic_South_Oz
But so do the other warning - messages
Only the spoken messages and the AF chirp come from the mobile device. The remote still has a buzzer and will vibrate for any warning messages and the only important one I can think of that has voice feedback is ATTI mode but it still vibrates so you know theres a warning message and can look down at the remote to see it

Last edited:
Reactions: charliej
Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tflys78