DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

New MPP Pilot - Orlando, Florida

Flytrap

Reactions
Good morning from Central Florida, I purchased my Mavic Pro Platinum and received it about 4 days ago unfortunately have not been able to get it in the air yet. I live in the Disney World no fly zone, Boo [emoji22]. Going out today to find an unrestricted area and get in my maiden flight. I've been flying for about 4 years, I have 7 fixed wing aircraft, 2 standard Blade helicopters, and now 2 drones including my new Mavic. My first camera drone was a Blade 350QX w/Yuneec gimbal and CG02 camera.
9472210d0d7e8d205589491ead86f340.jpg

Unfortunately, this nice drone lost a speed controller at about 400 feet and crashed into a roof and destroyed itself. On the plus side the Mavic Pro Platinum is a much nicer platform with newer technology. Looking forward to get it up and flying.

Good morning from Central Florida, I purchased my Mavic Pro Platinum and received it about 4 days ago unfortunately have not been able to get it in the air yet. I live in the Disney World no fly zone, Boo [emoji22]. Going out today to find an unrestricted area and get in my maiden flight. I've been flying for about 4 years, I have 7 fixed wing aircraft, 2 standard Blade helicopters, and now 2 drones including my new Mavic. My first camera drone was a Blade 350QX w/Yuneec gimbal and CG02 camera.

Unfortunately, this nice drone lost a speed controller at about 400 feet and crashed into a roof and destroyed itself. On the plus side the Mavic Pro Platinum is a much nicer platform with newer technology. Looking forward to get it up and flying.
Howdy from Wyoming @Flytrap , welcome to the community, plenty of fine folk and excellent information here.

Reactions: Smalls
Welcome to Mavic Pilots! :)

Hello,
It is a pleasure to welcome you to the Mavic Pilots forum.
I hope that you will be able to use the forum to further your safety knowledge and for the exchange of innovative ideas and as a resource for current developments in Mavic quadcopters.
Enjoy! Thumbswayup
*MAVIC PRO MANUAL: https://dl.djicdn.com/downloads/mavic/20171219/Mavic Pro User Manual V2.0.pdf
*MAVIC PRO PLATINUM MANUAL: https://dl.djicdn.com/downloads/mavic/20171123/Mavic_Pro_User_Manual V1.8.pdf
*MAVIC AIR QUICK START GUIDE: https://dl.djicdn.com/downloads/Mavic Air/Mavic Air Quick Start Guide v1.0 .pdf
*GO 4 APP MANUAL: DJI Go 4 Manual

Welcome to Mavic Pilots .
I hope you will find our site helpful and look forward to any input , photo's/video's you might post .
Don't be shy and ask anything if you can't find it by searching . Thumbswayup

Welcome to the club, if you have any questions your at the right place. And like I suggest to all just joining. Dont immediately do updates. Wait until you hear if its safe to do or not. There are a bunch that jump on that and report , not everyone has compatible devices with DJI and some updates can cause havic and ground you quickly. If it flys,great keave well enough alone until you get the thumbs up. Happy flying.

Gday all new to the forum but mavic user for 6 months. I live and mainly fly in the southern parts of Adelaide so g'day

Well got in my maiden yesterday, 3 flights total. A lot of new technology in this thing. I've been a I.T. Support Tech for over 27 years and this bird, controller, and DJI Go 4 app (especially), does so much, it's got my head spinning. I can see even for me, there is going to be a little learning curve. All that being said, I am amazed at the quality of this machine, and the ease at which even a rookie could fly it with no problem.

Reactions: AIRJORGE
Welcome! Im from Central FL as well, the East side of town so I can fly a little more freely but its still hard to find places to fly =/

Reactions: Harrier

Welcome hope you get fly soon , speaking of which ... I wonder if you can offer some assistance. I will be vacationing at Weston Florida, are there any no fly zones
in the area ie Biscayne bay or other areas of interest? if so ...do i need to apply for permits for those areas ? thank you in advance

Sincerely MPP-Talon1

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
PilotOne