DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

New Orlando Drone Laws!

BlazeAir

Reactions
Found this one the web today about flying drones in Orlando. I know many people vacation there and it is such a cool place to fly a drone. So many cool attractions to fly around. Well... now those attractions and the city have some added laws and regulations around them.. Rather than reading me rambling on, check out this vid (link below) and let me know what you think! It could really put a damper in our Mavic flying!! Sorta..

AV News: Orlando Drone Ordinance

Last edited:
I can see both sides of it... I guess they just want to make sure people flying them are doing so for a legitimate reason and not just doing so without regard for people who might be annoyed by it, or who don't want to be on camera. I have a feeling we might see stuff like that popping up now that drones are becoming more popular.

AirMap shows that much of Orlando is covered by one C or D controlled airspace or another. There may be Class B spaces as well. I did not look that closely.

From the article, AV News: Orlando Drone Ordinance,

"if a hobbyist has been authorized for a specific flight by the FAA he or she does not need a permit."

A call to the airport to notify Air Traffic Control of any flight should be sufficient to eliminate any concern for those who know the rules.

Of course, there may be other rules or local conditions that mitigate against flying at all, but this is one hurdle that is easily overcome.

Last edited:
Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
da4o98