DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

New Pilot from Essex, UK

Booney

Reactions
Hi all,

Checking in to say hello, i have had my Mavic 2 Pro for a little over 2 weeks now and will eventually share some of my material, I’m still toying with some of the settings trying to figure out the sharpest picture and colour detail but also what format to use as i do not have a laptop or desktop computer, I have an iPad Pro and having difficulty processing video, it seems Adobe Rush and iMovie doesn’t like DLog-M has anyone else found this to be the same ?

I currently have Sharpness at +1 and Contrast at -1 with Saturation at 0, filming in H.264 25 FPS... are there any pro’s and cons with shooting at 24 FPS, 25 FPS or 30 FPS ? is the video smoother when manoeuvring ?

I would be telling fibs if i said i know what i am talking about but i am a complete novice and YouTube is my best friend at the moment, so now looking at a community where i can find information and constructive criticism.

Cheers
Dan

Welcome to Mavic Pilots .
I hope you will find our site helpful and look forward to any input , photo's/video's you might post .
Don't be shy and ask anything if you can't find it by searching . Thumbswayup

Welcome to the forum from the deserts of Arizona! Enjoy.

Pick your frame rate as you like it. I use 50-60 fps and for most uses the use the exposure triangle an try to keep my ASA at 100, but never over 200. I try to keep my aperture about f4-f5 which is the sweet spot on the Hasselbad.
Beyond that info, just experiment.

Some time ago i had a little dabble in photography using a Fujifilm HS30EXR bridge camera, I’m trying to insert some of that knowledge and implement it when piloting the drone, so far i have had some good results and others not so much.

i just couldn’t tell if the frame rate when filming would make any difference as a few videos i have watched all suggested either 24FPS or 25FPS never 30FPS and wondered if there was a reason for this or not

Reactions: Skywatcher2001
Some time ago i had a little dabble in photography using a Fujifilm HS30EXR bridge camera, I’m trying to insert some of that knowledge and implement it when piloting the drone, so far i have had some good results and others not so much.

i just couldn’t tell if the frame rate when filming would make any difference as a few videos i have watched all suggested either 24FPS or 25FPS never 30FPS and wondered if there was a reason for this or not
It’s related to introducing just the appropriate amount of motion blur to please the human eye and brain. 30 FPS can be fine in some instances.

Hi all,

Checking in to say hello, i have had my Mavic 2 Pro for a little over 2 weeks now and will eventually share some of my material, I’m still toying with some of the settings trying to figure out the sharpest picture and colour detail but also what format to use as i do not have a laptop or desktop computer, I have an iPad Pro and having difficulty processing video, it seems Adobe Rush and iMovie doesn’t like DLog-M has anyone else found this to be the same ?

I currently have Sharpness at +1 and Contrast at -1 with Saturation at 0, filming in H.264 25 FPS... are there any pro’s and cons with shooting at 24 FPS, 25 FPS or 30 FPS ? is the video smoother when manoeuvring ?

I would be telling fibs if i said i know what i am talking about but i am a complete novice and YouTube is my best friend at the moment, so now looking at a community where i can find information and constructive criticism.

Cheers
Dan
Welcome to Mavic Pilots from Dayton Ohio USA! Enjoy your new M2P, Fly safe and have fun!

Welcome to the forum! :)

Welcome! Recommend you use the search window and there are specific topic areas where you will find more information & comments. Also, your questions are the subject of many YouTube videos.

Booney you're on the right track. Stay here and on YT. Many of us are still beginners but soon (with the advise of the pilots/photographers) here, you will become proficient lickety split!! No worries man . . . just fly, capture, post and it'll all work itself out.

Reactions: Booney
Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tflys78