Welcome Mavic Pilot!
Jump in and join our free DJI Mavic community today!

New pilot from Ormond Beach Fl.

MTNbiker1977

Reaction score
Just bought a Mavic Air today. It’s my first drone owned besides a couple Walmart brands. I bought the fly more package. I’m looking to use the drone for some recreational flying, video capture and attempting to capture some of the features my friends and I ride on our mountain bikes. Any tips, suggestions and/or advice for a newbie would be greatly appreciated.

Reactions: dirkclod

Bunny Too

Premium Pilot
Reaction score
Just bought a Mavic Air today. It’s my first drone owned besides a couple Walmart brands. I bought the fly more package. I’m looking to use the drone for some recreational flying, video capture and attempting to capture some of the features my friends and I ride on our mountain bikes. Any tips, suggestions and/or advice for a newbie would be greatly appreciated.
Howdy from Wyoming @MTNbiker1977 , welcome to the community, plenty of fine folk and excellent information here.

Reactions: MTNbiker1977

msinger

DJI Drone Expert
Approved Vendor
Premium Pilot
Reaction score
Loc
Harrisburg, PA (US)
Welcome to Mavic Pilots! :)

Any tips, suggestions and/or advice for a newbie would be greatly appreciated.
Here are some items you might find useful:

Mossiback

Reaction score
Loc
Brier, WA USA
... I’m looking to use the drone for some recreational flying, video capture and attempting to capture some of the features my friends and I ride on our mountain bikes. Any tips, suggestions and/or advice for a newbie would be greatly appreciated.
You will need a set of ND filters for quality video and resist the temptation to use a tracking mode to record your mountain bike rides, at least until you watch some of the many crash videos on YT.

MTNbiker1977

Reaction score
You will need a set of ND filters for quality video and resist the temptation to use a tracking mode to record your mountain bike rides, at least until you watch some of the many crash videos on YT.
Yeah I have no interest in tracking unless it’s in side view and an open area. I’ve watched a lot of video. It’s definitely not capable hardware. Thanks for the advice.

Aerial-Pixel

Approved Vendor
Reaction score
Loc
Dayton, Ohio USA
Welcome to Mavic Pilots from Dayton Ohio USA! Enjoy your new Mavic Air, Fly safe and have fun!

LuvMyTJ

Admin
Staff Member
Approved Vendor
Premium Pilot
Reaction score
Loc
Live! From New York!

SpitFire

Reaction score
Welcome from Chicago. Check out the links in Mavic Help. Very useful information
when a pilot is new. This info will help you gain knowledge and confidence.
Blue Skies and safe flying to you.

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sharkathlon