DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

New pilot in Tampa.... first attempt at shooting, editing, posting a video

DaveT3006

Reactions
So as I am brand new to all of this....I used this flight to shoot a video at one of the bike parks north of Tampa.

Then I downloaded it to my PC and cut out the really boring parts where it took a long time to figure out which way to turn, etc. Next I enhanced the color a little bit, added some music, and put in a silly movie warning message in the beginning. Used the whole experience just to learn how to use the various functions.....and also to practice my landings on my square plywood high tech board. My mini never quite hits it on RTH.....but close enough. Having a ball with this thing and it keeps me from being totally bored these crazy days.

To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

welcome to the forum

Reactions: Hauptmann
So as I am brand new to all of this....I used this flight to shoot a video at one of the bike parks north of Tampa.

Then I downloaded it to my PC and cut out the really boring parts where it took a long time to figure out which way to turn, etc. Next I enhanced the color a little bit, added some music, and put in a silly movie warning message in the beginning. Used the whole experience just to learn how to use the various functions.....and also to practice my landings on my square plywood high tech board. My mini never quite hits it on RTH.....but close enough. Having a ball with this thing and it keeps me from being totally bored these crazy days.

Hey Dave... Welcome. Great video & music.

You are going to see things that no person can ever see standing on the ground with the most expensive camera in the world.

If I may throw some advice... I think you had several movements that were spot on... smooth and with purpose. Now I realize for this video you were not shooting a scene for Ron Howard. However, the only thing I'd change is the pan speed. Try not to pan at all, and if you do, do it slowly to remove any jerky start and stop. Also, the same with changing gimbal angle. It's hard to do sometimes. It took me a while to get the hang of it. Remember, nothing will ruin a video more than a jerky, quick pan or gimbal change.

Do some more!

He

I used OpenShot Video Editor... and I have a long way to go to figure it all out....but it was free and recommended pretty highly by reviews on the internet so....
If this is something you like to do, and see yourself learning and progressing I’m going to make a suggestion.

Make the move now to some powerful video editing software so you can lean it and be proficient.

When it comes to video editing there are 3 standard go to software packages. This is stuff they use on hollywood editing and color correction. All 3 are great, and get the job done.

Davinci Resolve
Adobe Premiere
Final Cut Pro

Of those 3 Davinci Resolve is free and for the full featured studio version its 300 bucks. It is the most powerful for color correction and CGI work with Fusion. There are tons of videos on youtube you can use to learn it. You can do so much in the free version its crazy.
Openshot looks like its powerful as well. It just really time consuming to learn on 1 program and have to change down the road to accomplish the things you want. If I knew about resolve sooner I would have used it from the beginning.
Dave

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jasonhjscott