DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

New Pilot...now you guys have me confused and paranoid!

G Pilot

Reactions
Do I HAVE TO register my mavic pro to fly recreationally? Second, does the part 107 ONLY apply to commercial use? Third, is the 336 ONLY for recreational?

Reactions: Mavic Pro Platinum
Do I HAVE TO register my mavic pro to fly recreationally? Second, does the part 107 ONLY apply to commercial use? Third, is the 336 ONLY for recreational?
1. Yes
2. No but each drone must have a unique number under part 107 if it is ever used in commercial flights. The drone can still be legally flown for recreation if registered under part 207
3. Yes, and all drones from the same owner under 336 can display the same number. Note that LAANC may change this one soon.

Any drone should display only 1 unique FAA number. I.e. only put one number on any one aircraft.

Last edited:
Reactions: Mavic Pro Platinum
Go to the internet, pay for the license and print it out, it will take you 5-10 minute. And, now you need to have a number adhered and they are available in the Classifieds or just write it out and tape it to your drone temporarily.

Only register here: FAADroneZone

Any other site offering to register your drone will charge you at least 10X the $5 the FAA charges. As a hobbyist, you register yourself with one number for all your drones over 0.55 pounds (250 grams). If you pass the Part 107 test for commercial drone operations, each drone is registered at $5 per drone.

As of February 25, any drone .55 pounds and less than 55 pounds has to have a registration number displayed and visible (not stuck under the battery). More rule changes are expected.

Reactions: charliesRig
Ok. And many thanks to all and especially for the link. I will be getting out to fly soon but recently there's been a public outcry in the next township over complete with "burma-shave" type signs. I'm absolutely sure there's a whole lot of misinformation about drones in general and certainly about the content of the signage which indicates the town government is "spying" on them with drones. With all the new attention in the immediate area, I just want to be sure I'm following the legal guidelines. I'm not going to bait the public into a fight but I have the means to continue one if a fight is picked. I'd rather be left alone.....

Please note that one way or the other ALL drones must display a registration number. I also carry a card I got from Reclaim Drone
ReclaimDrone.com — Reclaim Your Lost Drone
I hope if ever questioned this will suffice rather than having to land my drone first.
BTW,They also run a free drone registry and notification system for lost drones

Reactions: Smalls
Can I ask which "Drone" did you get.?
If a Mavic pro 1 you could buy a set of MAS props
Very quiet and when you fly pop up to 300 ft hard to see and hear and fly at dusk
....cR

Aside from the answer to you question that others have provided it is important to adhere to local laws about drone flying. Every town\city is different. I live on Long Island and some towns have laws stating you can be arrested for flying a drone. Others will give you a minimum $500 fine. Some locations require that you obtain a town permit to fly in designated areas. Good luck and happy flying.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
xa_