DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

New Pilot

KB4MTO

Reactions
Hello everyone, I'm a new Mavic Mini owner and a new pilot. Flying has been a passion of mine since a young age, watching the planes out at Dobbins AFB. I also spent 8 years in the USAF, and now work at an airport. Oddly enough, I don't fly.

I've also had a passion for RC flying, but never had the time to get involved. I have tried a few different $25.00 cheap drones and eventually gave up because it seemed like my time was being wasted fighting the drone trying to keep it stable. I read about the Mavic Mini and decided to try it out. I cannot believe how stable it is. Now my time is going towards learning how to fly rather than fighting it like the cheap drones.

My goal is to get comfortable with the Mini and get good enough to also fly freestyle drones. I like the ability to fly for video and photography use, and the excitment of freestyle.

--Hank

Welcome to Mavic Pilots .
I hope you will find our site helpful and look forward to any input , photo's/video's you might post .
Don't be shy and ask anything if you can't find it by searching . Thumbswayup

Welcome to the forum. I also fly the Mavic Mini and have enjoyed many fun flights. It joins my Mavic Air in my flight bag. You will find helpful suggestions and support in the forums.. We look forward to your view of the world.

Hello everyone, I'm a new Mavic Mini owner and a new pilot. Flying has been a passion of mine since a young age, watching the planes out at Dobbins AFB. I also spent 8 years in the USAF, and now work at an airport. Oddly enough, I don't fly.

I've also had a passion for RC flying, but never had the time to get involved. I have tried a few different $25.00 cheap drones and eventually gave up because it seemed like my time was being wasted fighting the drone trying to keep it stable. I read about the Mavic Mini and decided to try it out. I cannot believe how stable it is. Now my time is going towards learning how to fly rather than fighting it like the cheap drones.

My goal is to get comfortable with the Mini and get good enough to also fly freestyle drones. I like the ability to fly for video and photography use, and the excitment of freestyle.

--Hank
Welcome to the forum.

Flying the Mini will get you used to the controls.
Flying freestyle is a different world and done FPV with goggles. My suggestion would be to also get one of the FPV simulators and start practicing feestyle with a sim. Some of the sims available are Velocidrone, Liftoff, FPVFreerider , FPVFreerider Recharged in no particular order. The two Freerider sims have a free demo version available.
I tried FPV freestyle about a year ago and got hooked....
If you lookup Joshua Bardwell on Youtube, you can find lots of info you will need on flying FPV quads.

Welcome to the Forum! You will find a lot of great information here. Feel free to shoot us a message if you ever have any questions about your Mini.

Thanks,
FDS Team

Welcome to Mavic Pilots! :) Enjoy the forum!Thumbswayup

Welcome. From your ID I see you are a ham. NR7U here, but not very active on the air these days. I'm too busy flying my Tello and Mavic Mini !

Hi, definitely a ham here. First licensed in 1985 as a novice, I have kept my call through every upgrade. I love HF, but don't have my radio in my new truck, so it's strictly VHF/UHF.

73!

Welcome to the forum.

Flying the Mini will get you used to the controls.
Flying freestyle is a different world and done FPV with goggles. My suggestion would be to also get one of the FPV simulators and start practicing feestyle with a sim. Some of the sims available are Velocidrone, Liftoff, FPVFreerider , FPVFreerider Recharged in no particular order. The two Freerider sims have a free demo version available.
I tried FPV freestyle about a year ago and got hooked....
If you lookup Joshua Bardwell on Youtube, you can find lots of info you will need on flying FPV quads.

Thanks for the suggestions, I am looking them up now.

Reactions: brettbrandon
Welcome to the forum. I also fly the Mavic Mini and have enjoyed many fun flights. It joins my Mavic Air in my flight bag. You will find helpful suggestions and support in the forums.. We look forward to your view of the world.
Do you have one flight bag that carries both drones and accessories?

Thank you everyone for the warm welcome!

Do you have one flight bag that carries both drones and accessories?
Hello KB4MTO. Thanks for asking. Yes. I have both my MA and MM in individual Pelican 1200 cases MA casejpg.jpg MM combustion in case.jpg They are carried in a Osprey Snowkit duffle bag Osprey flight bag1.jpg. The duffle can hold both cases, electronics, ipad, accessories, etc. It has several carry handles and can be worn as a backpack. If I carry lighter, one of the Pelicans fit into an Osprey Daylite, with plenty of additional gear space. Hope this helps. Be safe and enjoy your flying.

Last edited:
Reactions: Dedal and KB4MTO
Hi, definitely a ham here. First licensed in 1985 as a novice, I have kept my call through every upgrade. I love HF, but don't have my radio in my new truck, so it's strictly VHF/UHF.

73!
Me too...strictly vhf/uhf mobile...73's

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gfusato