DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

New props for the mavic mini

Yes, I have a feeling why I can't get over 34min flight time with additional batteries is because the stock props are too flimsy and are overworking to compensate the additional weight... So I should have all that taken care of now :)

Yes, I have a feeling why I can't get over 34min flight time with additional batteries is because the stock props are too flimsy and are overworking to compensate the additional weight... So I should have all that taken care of now :)

I'm planning on doing battery/weight test

adding 10g of weight each time up to 100g to see how it affects the battery drain in the hover test.

I'm planning on doing battery/weight test

adding 10g of weight each time up to 100g to see how it affects the battery drain in the hover test.
The clues are already there in the DJI published specs when you compare flight time of Jap market battery to other regions model. 107% additional battery capacity and 50gm weight gives flight time increase of 12 mins (30-18). If your added battery gives 1100 mah and weighs 80gm absolute best flight time increase might be 3 min and 23 sec. That isn't accounting for increased IR losses and operating the propulsion system outside the original design envelope.

I'd say 34min is pretty good going. There probably isn't anything of significance to be realised in fiddling with props.

Terrific mod, great job!

If you can post a pic of the adapter, appreciate this.

Outstanding!
Paul

first thing i would be concerned about is how long the motors and ESCs are going to last pushing those props around plus the battery drain

Once I get it perfect I will write a full detailed guide and post the 3d print stl for everyone

Attachments

• Screenshot_20191121-094137__01.jpg
    Screenshot_20191121-094137__01.jpg
    99 KB · Views: 117
I can barley hear my mini when it’s flying. I don’t know how much quieter you can get
it is very silent. but the idea of quik lock props for changing is a good thing. I wouldnt be againt Spark props on the Mini. but then its louder im sure

My moto if it an't broke don't fix it. DJI designed these things to fly with a prop made for this drone. Putting props on that were made for bigger drone can only lead to trouble.
Props flying off causing a crash
motors burning up
Battery life shortened
just a few I can think of:(
i totally agree with you see my post #10

Dji designed it to be under 250grams... That means they cut corners.. the quick change props take it to 255 grams. The spark props sound just like stock props. The weight of the drone is what makes the louder noise

Dji designed it to be under 250grams... That means they cut corners.. the quick change props take it to 255 grams. The spark props sound just like stock props. The weight of the drone is what makes the louder noise
Actually the problem design makes the noise. Look at the mp1 stock props. Then install the MPP props and its more silent. Same drone but different people design and stuff

Okay, keep stock props on and add an external battery. You will see why weight makes more noise.... More rpms. And the more a prop flexes the noiser it is.

Okay, keep stock props on and add an external battery. You will see why weight makes more noise.... More rpms. And the more a prop flexes the noiser it is.
But you made it sound like weight itself makes the noise, which isn't quite true. No props, very littlenoise. No flight either, but very little noise. Same is true with my M2, or P3 for that matter.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
shandilya