DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

New software grounds missions - heads up

MavicPro2Ed

Reactions
I downloaded new software yesterday in my Mavic 2 Pro - now I can no longer fly missions that I have been flying for 2 months - heads up!! Apparently the Flysafe team decided to not let existing missions fly if they are near an airport. In my case I was preauthorized thru LAANC to fly today at a commercial construction site that is a few miles from an airport - but the new software would not let the Drone fly - an error message indicated that the DJI software detected this to be an area where flight was normally restricted. Calling support did not help from my mission location - they actually suggested I google the problem! I hope DJI fixes this mess before a lot of professional Drone pilots get their missions grounded. Apparently there is some kind of bandaid available off the Flysafe portion of the DJI website but I was told this could not be applied from the mission location since I did not have my office pc with me - I was told by support to drive back to the office and figure it out - by then my one hour approved window had closed and I could not fly my approved mission today! Have others seen this? So Frustrating!

I usually practice in the RC field close to a small airport, I can no longer fly there, the geo system prevents me to take off, this happens just because of the new app update, I understand it is not the same problem you have but the restrictions are there even when I could fly at that location 5 minutes before I updated the app.

I ran into the exact same thing. Mavic Air The restriction near my area was 1 mile previously, But now it is 1.5 mile. I must obtain a token from DJI before I can liftoff. This sucks because I often use the inside of my own house to practice tripod mode flying. Interior flying is NOT controlled by the FAA, but it is by DJI, because they say I am now inside an authorization zone! So, I must obtain a token from DJI (never had to before the firmware update) to fly inside my house. There is still a small market for interior videos. My house is two story and 2 of the rooms are open to the upper level as well, so it affords plenty of opportunity to practice and refine interior video (as long as I obtain DJI's token). This was a complaint I had concerning the latest firmware update, but I was informed I was simply a whiner. It does seem that DJI moved the authorization zones further out from (some?) airports. Bottom line . . . get the token!

I ran into the exact same thing. Mavic Air The restriction near my area was 1 mile previously, But now it is 1.5 mile. I must obtain a token from DJI before I can liftoff. This sucks because I often use the inside of my own house to practice tripod mode flying. Interior flying is NOT controlled by the FAA, but it is by DJI, because they say I am now inside an authorization zone! So, I must obtain a token from DJI (never had to before the firmware update) to fly inside my house. There is still a small market for interior videos. My house is two story and 2 of the rooms are open to the upper level as well, so it affords plenty of opportunity to practice and refine interior video (as long as I obtain DJI's token). This was a complaint I had concerning the latest firmware update, but I was informed I was simply a whiner. It does seem that DJI moved the authorization zones further out from (some?) airports. Bottom line . . . get the token!
Thats what happens when invite DJI home for cocktails, still have done update yet..may hold off 4.5 mi from major AP

I am sorry but, where did you get the token? Was at the DJI website? And what kind of explanation and or documentation did you provide? Thank you for your help.

I am begging to think it was a big mistake buying a mavic pro, as the communist gov ( they control everything and everyone in that country) can lock us down anytime that want too.
If they can lock us out of “a” area. Then they can lock us down permently everywhere.
There needs to be a full unlock, and block of the controls.
No not saying fly anywhere you want. Just the uncontrolled control they have on this.

I am begging to think it was a big mistake buying a mavic pro, as the communist gov ( they control everything and everyone in that country) can lock us down anytime that want too.
If they can lock us out of “a” area. Then they can lock us down permently everywhere.
There needs to be a full unlock, and block of the controls.
No not saying fly anywhere you want. Just the uncontrolled control they have on this.
I agree with you, and the worse part is, they do not have an FAA authorization requestion from the GO 4 app, if they did that would make the process much easier.

It seems that someone could make a pretty decent argument to the FAA that DJI is controlling US airspace with their No Fly Zone restrictions built into the software. They are in essence, overriding any permission or privilege the FAA may have granted. I assume the FAA might not take too kindly to a private company imposing restrictions on airspace that is within the FAA domain. I doubt that DJI actually has the legal authority to impose any restrictions on US airspace. It would be like Tesla restricting their cars from certain roads, even though your registration tags give you the privilege of driving on publicly maintained roadways.

That's why I have never updated anything, bird, controller, batteries, and even the Go4 Appies.....
I control my bird and I control IF, and when it "phones home". Only time it got to talk to "home", was when I activated it.
Not since, has it seen cell/wifi signal.........

After Gatwick I'm guessing things will get a lot stricter before a way to safely loosen the reigns is figured out.

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Vlad_Zherikhov