DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

New update: Forward flight YAW left to right

The FPV option is set to OFF. Like he said above. FPV mode only effects the way the gimbal operates during flight and how the camera reacts to the drones movements. What we are talking about is the drones reaction to the introduction of YAW during forward flight.

PSX_20200901_205101.jpg

The FPV option is set to OFF. Like he said above. FPV mode only effects the way the gimbal operates during flight and how the camera reacts to the drones movements. What we are talking about is the drones reaction to the introduction of YAW during forward flight.
This is how I understand it too. Using FPV mode locks the gimble in place, giving the illusion that you have recorded video whilst sat in the drone. The way mine now flies has nothing to do with having FPV mode selected or not.

Reactions: Zee_Bass
I asure you thats how it works watch it while you fly it in fpv mode and make sure you do have sideways flight turned off then switch it back to follow mode and see that it nows flies normal..
We aren't talking about the position of the horizon on the video. We are talking about the aircraft applying its own banking inputs when forward and yaw input is all the user has given. Many other users have verified this. Is that what you are referring to? I personally haven't flown much since the update so I don't have an opinion one or the other rather its good or bad. I can only say that it is definitely different now.

Here is another thread discussing the behavior.

Thank you for the link! I have actually read through that one too. I've come to terms with this being the new way the drone will fly. It will take a moment to adapt but like I said I may actually prefer it in higher speed situations. But at least now I know it wasn't a bad update on my end.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
bbj5143