DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

New York

Staten Island . Fly 3 times a week with 2 friends if you wanna fly let me know..
Sounds good, thanks... I'm away for a few days but PM me when you're heading out!

I fly all over the New England states with my job doing inspections on the water towers we build.

Brooklyn checkin' in

Reactions: Meanee
Live in Westchester. I fly right from my backyard, over the Pound Ridge Reservation. Also fly by the Croton Gorge and croton point park right out over the Hudson. I flew this past Saturday after kayaking on the Hudson from the Annsville Circle near Bear Mountain. Flew over mile and a half, which for me is far, toward Indian Point nuclear plant. After a mile and a half I got a warning on screen saying I was approaching a power plant so I turned around and flew back. Sure was fun though.

I'm a new pilot in northern Westchester. Just getting my sea legs with only 2 hours flight time so far. I have been practicing in the Millwood ball field on Rte 100

Getting out over the Hudson and the Croton Lake reservoir are on my list. And eventually the Tappan Zee Bridge.

I'll need more hours under my belt first but I hope to do that in coming weeks.

Dansville,NY here. Easy drive to Rochester, Buffalo, Syracuse, Elmira, etc.

Just got it a few days ago and have a lot to learn before I get up enough nerve to fly my MP.

Live in Westchester. I fly right from my backyard, over the Pound Ridge Reservation. Also fly by the Croton Gorge and croton point park right out over the Hudson. I flew this past Saturday after kayaking on the Hudson from the Annsville Circle near Bear Mountain. Flew over mile and a half, which for me is far, toward Indian Point nuclear plant. After a mile and a half I got a warning on screen saying I was approaching a power plant so I turned around and flew back. Sure was fun though.

I'm in Westchester but a little farther south. I was thinking of driving up to Ward Pound Ridge Reservation. Do you know if they have any restrictions on "model airplanes" -- someone told me that Westchester County parks post this restriction. I didn't see it mentioned on the Pound Ridge website but you never know if they post it on park signs.

In New Castle, where I live, they have "no model airplanes" posted on park signs. I've been flying low at some, getting my practice flights in.

Leonard Park in Mount Kisco is a good place to fly.

I'm looking for some places to fly on the shores of Croton Lake; should be beautiful but there are very few spots on the shorelilne to stand that don't have thick foliage.

Last edited:
A good place to fly in Westchester County: Croton Point Park. It's on the Hudson River and no restrictions. It will be crowded on summer weekend days when the weather is nice but on a Saturday in October, I was able to stay away from the visitors by walking to the south end. This shot is looking north.

DJI_0010rc.jpg
I'm a new pilot in northern Westchester. Just getting my sea legs with only 2 hours flight time so far. I have been practicing in the Millwood ball field on Rte 100

Getting out over the Hudson and the Croton Lake reservoir are on my list. And eventually the Tappan Zee Bridge.

I'll need more hours under my belt first but I hope to do that in coming weeks.
Did you ever get over the Tap? I'm aching to get there as soon as a weekend day has low winds! I did climb out of the Tarrytown Reservoir and came face-to-face with the bridge...it's just a matter of time before I fly it. Can't wait.

Reactions: Drpepper
Old thread, but considering the Pound Ridge Reservation for my first practice flights tomorrow. I has tons of wide open fields, and I think it should be empty this time of year. Will I run into any problems? I've searched and searched, and I can find no restrictions anywhere online.

Old thread, but considering the Pound Ridge Reservation for my first practice flights tomorrow. I has tons of wide open fields, and I think it should be empty this time of year. Will I run into any problems? I've searched and searched, and I can find no restrictions anywhere online.
Updating my own thread. Pound Ridge Reservation was no issue whatsoever!

Flew Croton Gorge Park (the dam) yesterday in northern Westchester. I thought this video was beautiful. Only my second time flying, so please forgive the unprofessionalism of the camera work.

Flew Croton Gorge Park (the dam) yesterday in northern Westchester. I thought this video was beautiful. Only my second time flying, so please forgive the unprofessionalism of the camera work.

That is a sweet weir wall, both cascading 'falls', and the long lead off part that is like an infinity pool wall / spillway.
I would spend some more time on that if another flight is possible.

Nice sunlight on the dam wall during the right roll at 2:50 also.

Did the M2P pull up a couple of times (1:20 and 1:43) flying into the sun, sensing an obstacle ?

That is a sweet weir wall, both cascading 'falls', and the long lead off part that is like an infinity pool wall / spillway.
I would spend some more time on that if another flight is possible.

Nice sunlight on the dam wall during the right roll at 2:50 also.

Did the M2P pull up a couple of times (1:20 and 1:43) flying into the sun, sensing an obstacle ?
No, it was me pointing the camera up by mistake, I think. No obstacles.

EDIT: Sorry, no, that was just my stopping to hover.

Reactions: MAvic_South_Oz
Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
O'Ryan