DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Newb here with questions

Cameronkeel

Reactions
Hey all, here from Nashville TN. New to drones got a MA2 for Christmas and love it. Got the fly more with the SC. Since I've been flying a little over a month I have a couple questions:

1) Almost every time I go to fly I have to log out and back in to DJI Fly else I get a max altitude reached at 100' or a max distance reached, forget how far that is. Is that normal or am I missing something?

2) I see y'all posting flight paths and past flight data. I log in to DJI and I show no flights or data, again, what am I missing or doing wrong?

Love flying the drone. I'm a serious hobbyist photographer and am now studying to get me Part 107.

Any help is appreciate!! If you're close say hi, love to get together and fly.

Many thanks,
CK

Welcome to the forum from the deserts of Arizona! Enjoy.

check out the full 60 page online only DJI manual fo your new drone. Get it here:

Hey all, here from Nashville TN. New to drones got a MA2 for Christmas and love it. Got the fly more with the SC. Since I've been flying a little over a month I have a couple questions:

1) Almost every time I go to fly I have to log out and back in to DJI Fly else I get a max altitude reached at 100' or a max distance reached, forget how far that is. Is that normal or am I missing something?

2) I see y'all posting flight paths and past flight data. I log in to DJI and I show no flights or data, again, what am I missing or doing wrong?

Love flying the drone. I'm a serious hobbyist photographer and am now studying to get me Part 107.

Many thanks,
CK
Welcome to the site...

1. For some reason your not logging into DJI servers for your account. Once you log in and not out it should just let you fly from then on. If you know your doing it correctly from your device then you might want to delete and reinstall the app normally. As your using the SC, you will want to use Asst. 2 and refresh firmware option.

2. IF you wish to have your flight records associated with your account you need to sync them. This is a old video but should give you what you need to know.

This is NOT normal. The problem has been widely reported and seems to be associated with the FLY app only. Solutions that have been mentioned in the internet includes :

1) logout then login DJI account. Try doing so with computer and the app.
2) kill the app and re-launch it.
3) power reset everythings including the phone.
4) disconnect and re-connect the phone from the controller.
5) resetting network settings on iPhone (Settings -> General -> Reset -> Reset Network Configuration)

It seems to be a bug of the software. Hope DJI will get it fixed soon.

To add to post 4, log into your DJI account from a desktop. Sometimes your account needs verification that there's a legitimate human behind it.

You can't see your logs by logging into your DJI account from a desktop. But if you allow your logs to sync up to DJI's servers, then they'll be available to the Fly app running on another device logged into the same DJI account.

To see your logs in Fly and play them back, go to Profile, then click on More on the lower left.

Many subscribe to Airdata that can sync, process and analyze your logs. The sync can be done off of the DJI servers or through an app you install.

Many thanks,
CK

The 98 foot height happens when it's trying to reach enough satellites / GPS signal and give you a Return to Home point. 98 feet is MAX height until everything aligns in the heavens.

I have the issue a lot when waterfalling with the drone as most of my take-off points sit in a bowl and capturing satellites / GPS is pretty tough sometimes.

No idea on where you are launching from, but that can be an issue, esp if you are in the city and many tall bldgs around which blocks the GPS signal.

Also, download an app like KittyHawk or UAV Forecast to see how many satellites are showing up in the area you are trying to take off at. If less than 10, you'll have problems connecting. If so, go outside the city or in a big park and check again to see if it happens. If it's clear and good to fly - you found your reason.

Love flying the drone. I'm a serious hobbyist photographer and am now studying to get me Part 107
h
Any help is appreciate!! If you're close say hi, love to get together and fly.h

Many thanks,
CK
I don't recognize your problem. Once you set your max distance and height, it should stay for each flight until you change it. If it does not, follow advice found elsewhere here.
As for logging flights, use AirData. It collects a vast amount of information on each flight, including your flight time. I have the Gold plan which allows a great number of flights and was not very expensive.

You're doomed! Your drone addiction is permanent. Welcome to the support group
71.gif

Hello from the Hoosier Heartland Cameronkeel.

Welcome to the Forum. ?

Reactions: anotherlab
All, Thanks for you replies and welcomes. Quick update, problem still exists.

After I posted on the 16th I looked at my SC and WiFi was off, turned it on and logged out/in to DJYFly. Data actually started to sync with Airdata and all my flights were there.

Next day I went to fly and had no issue no restrictions. Came in, and went back out a couple hours later, and issue came back.

Yesterday, the 18th, I went to fly and double checked the number of satellites were 18. Before take off I made sure that my takeoff position was updated, and boom, got the max distance warning. I live out in the country, so no tall buildings blocking anything.

I may need to call tech support, just haven't had the time as of yet.

Any other suggestions are appreciated.

All, Thanks for you replies and welcomes. Quick update, problem still exists.

After I posted on the 16th I looked at my SC and WiFi was off, turned it on and logged out/in to DJYFly. Data actually started to sync with Airdata and all my flights were there.

Next day I went to fly and had no issue no restrictions. Came in, and went back out a couple hours later, and issue came back.

Yesterday, the 18th, I went to fly and double checked the number of satellites were 18. Before take off I made sure that my takeoff position was updated, and boom, got the max distance warning. I live out in the country, so no tall buildings blocking anything.

I may need to call tech support, just haven't had the time as of yet.

Any other suggestions are appreciated.
Did you check that all your batteries that you are using are updated.
Recently I flew 150 ft and got stopped cold and had to update my battery.

Phantomrain.org
Gear to fly your Mavic in the Rain/Snow

Reactions: anotherlab
Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
capitalinguists