DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Newbie and Mavic pilot wannabe

Well ... it's not so much opinions, the 1 & 2 is very different in those areas where newbies usually make their first (& perhaps their last) mistakes when they feel confident enough to venture out from the garden ... up on height & away on distance.

The Mini 1 have a max speed of 8m/s in normal mode whilst the 2 have 10m/s ... that doesn't sound much, but the 2 also automatically move over to the Sport setting territory as it let the pitch down utilize the sport spec even in normal mode which gives the 2 a possibility to fight headwinds up to 16m/s without the pilot need to have the awareness to switch to Sport.

Connection wise the spec for the 1 says 2km in CE mode (which you will be in as you're in France) ... but 6km for the 2 (with a much more reliable Occusync system less prone to interference). This will give you much more time to decide what to do before you loose the connection.

No scale but ... the combo gives you definitely the most bang for the buck as you very likely will buy more batteries anyhow, but if you're on a tight budget ... you go with the Mini 2 & fill in equipment later on as it hurts less.
Alright thanks for your insight! I think I will follow your opinion. :)

Welcome to Mavic Pilots! :) Enjoy the forum!Thumbswayup

Welcome to the forum! :)

Hi all,

I've been occasionally flying an entry-level drone (Eachine E511S) for a year or so (see attached pictures) and I now feel like I need more advanced features (picture quality and camera stabilisation in particular). The Mini 1 and 2 have both caught my eye and I'm now considering buying one of them. I've been viewing this forum for a long time and decided it was time to actually register.

Looking forward to exchanging ideas about Mavic drones and learning from the World's top pilots!

Cheers from Paris!
eukerion
Welcome to Mavic Pilots from Dayton Ohio USA! Fly safe and have fun!

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
wsutter335