DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Newbie from Hialeah/ Miami, FL

First of all, I try to keep at least 5 miles away from the airport. I do live in a zone where there are no restrictions in Coral Gables. To specifically answer your questions, I would recommend that you go to my Vimeo site. There you will see all of the places I have flown. To name a few, Fairchild Tropical Gardens, Coconut Grove Waterfront, Southpoint Park, Bayfront Park waterfront behind the Intercontinental Hotel, Tamiami Trail turnouts near the Everglades Park entrance, flying away from the park. I practice at Continental Park in South Dade, usually on a week day morning (too many people on week end), pier behind Bayside MarketPlace. Here is the vimeo. site with lots of my Florida shoots.

Watch this video and at the end you will have the option to go to other videos off mine on Vimeo.

Hi Dale,

Any recommendations on legal fly zones in Broward county?

Welcome to the forum

Hi Dale,

Any recommendations on legal fly zones in Broward county?
Not really. I have never flow in Broward County. There is one site I would really be keen to fly and that is the Seminole Guitar Hotel near the Broward county line 848 and turnpike. Not sure of the legality of it. I found this video showing some drone footage while the hotel was being built. It is beautifully lit up at night also. Search some of the You Tube videos.
Other than that I would go to the Google maps to see where it might look appealing. I usually look at the green park areas on the Google maps first. This video is not mine.I saw it on You Tube.

Airmap App has a feature to help both commercial and recreational pilots find flying areas near them. Also if you are a recreational pilot I recommend one of the national organizations such as the AMA. I believe the even have a couple of flying fields in the area.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
xa_