DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Newbie from South Mississippi, finally have real drone &Thoughts on TAB M10 FHD + Tablet

Thanks for your input. I will give it another try, I will double-check my brightness to make sure I had it as high as it would go. I do love the large screen and the price. Do you link it to your phone's WIFI?

Today on lunch I flew it useing my Samsung S8 the operation seemed really smooth and the video didn't have any major lag, but still hard to see the screen in the sun and the screen is so small after using the 10" tablet.

Maybe has more to do with my old eyes, not the phone or tablet.

I only link the tablet to my home Wi-Fi. Not needed (Wi-Fi) out in the field to fly the drone. Setting the brightness to full high is not going to help. Somewhere in the 80% range provides enough darkness to see the screen. I try to find a "shady" spot or even get inside my car if need be and available. My hatch on my 4Runner provides great cover when I'm flying and near it.

Next best option is a shade. I don't like them, as the tablet and the mounts for the tablet to RC are bad enough as it is. But without some kind of shade, you have to do what is needed.

Made me a DIY sunscreen, the 1st prototype turned out ok but learned what I need to do differently. Need a longer top and sides and better hinges (wider tape and not electrical tape and cut hinge edge on a 45) and a better way to attach to the tablet.
sunscreen 0.jpgsunscreen 1.jpg

Made me a DIY sunscreen, the 1st prototype turned out ok but learned what I need to do differently. Need a longer top and sides and better hinges (wider tape and not electrical tape and cut hinge edge on a 45) and a better way to attach to the tablet.
View attachment 125757View attachment 125759

Looks nice.

Just a heads up, it's FAA, not FFA.

FAA= Federal Aviation Administration

FFA= Future Farmers of America

Both are fine organizations. :D

Hahaha, I will correct on the next one, good catch.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kesiganes