DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Newbie from Sydney excited about Mini 2!

twobob

Reactions
G'day all!

I first dipped my toe into drones when my son received a drone from Kmart at Christmas. It was super difficult to use and a real pain to recharge after just 5 minutes of use!

I have been researching the DJI Mavic Mini but wasn't sure about the enhanced wifi connectivity in areas where there is lots of domestic wifi in use.

Even so, I was about to buy the Mini Fly More Combo from JB HiFi when I did I google search and heard that there was rumours of a Mini 2 being launched in November.

Imagine my excited when I found out today that the Mini 2 launch is imminent and that its a step up on the already-great Mini.

I'm super excited about it! Does anyone in Australia know when it might be available for purchase and at what price?

Also, grateful for any links to videos or info for beginners. Keen to get into drones with my son. Also, anyone used it to analyse their golf swing out on the golf course?!

Cheers, twobob

Hello from the Hoosier Heartland twobob.

Good for you on having patience and doing the research. ?

Welcome to the Forum. :cool:

G'day all!

I first dipped my toe into drones when my son received a drone from Kmart at Christmas. It was super difficult to use and a real pain to recharge after just 5 minutes of use!

I have been researching the DJI Mavic Mini but wasn't sure about the enhanced wifi connectivity in areas where there is lots of domestic wifi in use.

Even so, I was about to buy the Mini Fly More Combo from JB HiFi when I did I google search and heard that there was rumours of a Mini 2 being launched in November.

Imagine my excited when I found out today that the Mini 2 launch is imminent and that its a step up on the already-great Mini.

I'm super excited about it! Does anyone in Australia know when it might be available for purchase and at what price?

Also, grateful for any links to videos or info for beginners. Keen to get into drones with my son. Also, anyone used it to analyse their golf swing out on the golf course?!

Cheers, twobob
Good on you mate. From what I've heard and been told, we are looking at $830 for the Mini 2 Fly More combo here in Oz. As for videos for learners, get onto Youtube and check out blokes like 'Ian in London' (he is great) as well as Dustin Dunnill, Drone Valley and Idaho Quadcopters to name just a few channels. Like you, am dying for next week for the release of the Mini 2 to buy it!

Welcome to the forum.
I hope you will find our site helpful and look forward to any input , photo's/video's you might post .
Don't be shy and ask anything if you can't find it by searching .Thumbswayup

Welcome to the forum! :)

Welcome from China :)

Also, grateful for any links to videos or info for beginners.

You are fortunate indeed to join the community just before the Mini 2 launch. It looks like it will be a remarkable drone for its cost and size!

Unfortunately, Australians tend to get a raw deal when it comes to prices from international brands, and DJI is no different.

I haven't come across anything definitive, but the Mini 1 is 599 AUD or 799 AUD with Fly More combo (which is basically essential). Given the slight price increase in USD terms, I would guess it will be something like 699 AUD for the Mini 2 and 899 AUD for the Fly More combo.

As for good beginner guides... here's a selection of drone YouTubers I like to watch (I'm also a noob)... I am pretty sure they will all cover the Mini 2 when it launches. In no particular order:

@Ian in London happens to be a forum member too.

Welcome to the forum and please double check the difference between the Mini and MA2.
There are some things that made me choose the Air 2 which made the price seem worth it.
But maybe some of them has been addressed in Mini 2 but to keep the price down you will have to give up something.
Mine was the mini has less sensors and the pain it is to change props.

Welcome to Mavic Pilots! :) Enjoy the forum!Thumbswayup

G'day all!

Cheers, twobob
5th of next mth i head

Greetings from sunny, AZ. Love Australia! Was there back in the mid 70's with the Marines. Spent about a month in the outback, then got leave and went to Sydney and Brisbane. Great time. Wife and I loved the series McCleods Daughters. Not to mention Quiqley Down Under.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
magic31