DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Newbie from Texas

bbapps

Reactions
Hey all from the Dallas area!!! Newbie here, do a lot of camping and looking to get a drone for general photography, scoping out the area, general fun of flying a drone, finding the cat :), etc... Thinking about the DJI Air 2s, Autel EVO Nano+, possibly waiting on the DJI Mini 3, or of course can't beat the price of the Mini 2. Like the low-light capabilities of the Nano+, but feeling the Air 2s is the leader at this point given the wealth of expertise/support out there, mature features, a-bit more stability in the wind and feeling the Air 2s is fine in low-light (e.g. not really concerned with the extreme night-time use). Anyways can’t wait to join in!!!

Welcome to Mavic Pilots! :) Enjoy the forum! Thumbswayup

Welcome to the forum.
I hope you will find our site helpful and look forward to any input , photo's/video's you might post .
Don't be shy and ask anything if you can't find it by searching .Thumbswayup

Howdy from just south of you in the Houston TX area. If this is your first drone you are likely to have some misshaps. Let's face it, **** happens. With that in mind you might want to cut your teeth on a lower cost drone. I currently have 2 of the M1P's and though they have their limitations for recreational flying they are great. You can probably find one on Ebay for $500 or less. If you go to offer-up make sure it is a local seller (too many scammers there) so you can see it and demo it before plunking down your $$$.

Welcome to MavicPilots!

Welcome to the forum from the dry lakeless hills of Lake City FL. An irony... I know. If lakes grew here as much as your knowledge will, Lake City would become an ocean. ;)

Welcome again!

Howdy from just south of you in the Houston TX area. If this is your first drone you are likely to have some misshaps. Let's face it, **** happens. With that in mind you might want to cut your teeth on a lower cost drone. I currently have 2 of the M1P's and though they have their limitations for recreational flying they are great. You can probably find one on Ebay for $500 or less. If you go to offer-up make sure it is a local seller (too many scammers there) so you can see it and demo it before plunking down your $$$.
Thanks for that advice. I do plan on being very careful while I get the hang of flying. Taking it slow and easy thru various maneuvers. I have learned from many, many, too many past mistakes, they always happen because I'm rushing, poor planning, and/or not paying attention :)

Greetings from Birmingham Alabama, welcome to the forum!

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
O'Ryan