DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Newbie from the great state of Tennesse

Mad Mavic

Reactions
Having a blast flying around the Tennessee hills with my Mavis Pro Platinum with DJI gogles. The best escape from reality ever. Just installed the Titan Atlas antenna mod... waiting for the rain to clear for a test flight.

A tip from an expilot, f you aren't flying with the GJI goggles you aren't getting the most out of your drone; you're just watching it fly. The DJI Goggles are the main thing, the drone is secondary. Its as close to actually flying an aircraft as you can get without paying a hanger fee :)

Reactions: dirkclod
Welcome to Mavic Pilots! :)

Reactions: Nethaan
Hello,
It is a pleasure to welcome you to the Mavic Pilots forum.
I hope that you will be able to use the forum to further your safety knowledge and for the exchange of innovative ideas and as a resource for current developments in Mavic quadcopters.
Enjoy! Thumbswayup
*MAVIC PRO MANUAL: https://dl.djicdn.com/downloads/mavic/20171219/Mavic Pro User Manual V2.0.pdf
*MAVIC PRO PLATINUM MANUAL: https://dl.djicdn.com/downloads/mavic/20171123/Mavic_Pro_User_Manual V1.8.pdf
*MAVIC AIR QUICK START GUIDE: https://dl.djicdn.com/downloads/Mavic Air/Mavic Air Quick Start Guide v1.0 .pdf
*GO 4 APP MANUAL: DJI Go 4 Manual

Welcome to Mavic Pilots .
I hope you will find our site helpful and look forward to any input , photo's/video's you might post .
Don't be shy and ask anything if you can't find it by searching . Thumbswayup

Having a blast flying around the Tennessee hills with my Mavis Pro Platinum with DJI gogles. The best escape from reality ever. Just installed the Titan Atlas antenna mod... waiting for the rain to clear for a test flight.

A tip from an expilot, f you aren't flying with the GJI goggles you aren't getting the most out of your drone; you're just watching it fly. The DJI Goggles are the main thing, the drone is secondary. Its as close to actually flying an aircraft as you can get without paying a hanger fee :)
Howdy from Wyoming @Mad Mavic , welcome to the community, plenty of fine folk and excellent information here.

Welcome Mad Mavic, I am also from TN and just got my Mavic Air a few weeks ago. Love flying it so far. You've got me really thinking about those goggles now!

I have the goggles for a month or so. How to you use them to mimic real flight? What mode(s) do you like the best?

I also really like the goggles, but not worth bringing on long hikes. I upgraded from a larger drone and the portability of mavic is so nice. The goggles are harder to bring with so I usually don't use them.

Hi noticed your from Tennessee, Im from Sask Canada and heading up to Nashville the third week of april... just wondering if you know of any stipulations or rules that I should know about flying around there? know of any good spot to fly near any waterfalls or such there, im assuming parks are off limits there to fly? just trying to find any info I can before we head up there because would really like to take the mavic with me...Happy Flying....this sport is incredible ive been addicted for a while now both me and my son...he has a mavic pro and I fly a mavic pro and phantom 3 pro..love em all...

Hi noticed your from Tennessee, Im from Sask Canada and heading up to Nashville the third week of april... just wondering if you know of any stipulations or rules that I should know about flying around there? know of any good spot to fly near any waterfalls or such there, im assuming parks are off limits there to fly? just trying to find any info I can before we head up there because would really like to take the mavic with me...Happy Flying....this sport is incredible ive been addicted for a while now both me and my son...he has a mavic pro and I fly a mavic pro and phantom 3 pro..love em all...
Nashville is an awesome place to visit. Lots to do and som great restaurants. There is also a large airport with plenty of traffic so I would definitely be versed on part 107 before you arrive.

If you can find your way to the river front; map yourself to B.B. King’s restaurant, that’s only a block from the river. There are plenty of great restaurants. You have to pay to park so if the river and restaurants sounds interesting, parking is everywhere.

Once there, you can cross a pedestrian bridge into a large open area where you should be able to fly. Make a call to Nashville Metro first because the Titan stadium is close to the river.

There are several other places such as the Parthenon which is a sizable park like setting with space to fly but again, give metro a call.

Hope that helps. Just remember to keep things under lock and key

Reactions: squiddley66
Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
anchorhavasu