DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Newbie here

abomb

Reactions
Kids got me a mavic pro platinum for Christmas. What is the difference between pro, pro platinum and pro2?

Any accessories need to be platinum or do pro or pro2 fit?

Nice children! Main differences between the pro and platinum: The maximum flight time of the Mavic Pro Platinum is extended to 30 minutes and the maximum hovering time is 27 minutes. The decibel level is reduced by 4 dB (60% noise power reduction) when it is within 1 m from the aircraft.
Any specific accessories in mind?

Reactions: Mavic Pro Platinum
Nice children! Main differences between the pro and platinum: The maximum flight time of the Mavic Pro Platinum is extended to 30 minutes and the maximum hovering time is 27 minutes. The decibel level is reduced by 4 dB (60% noise power reduction) when it is within 1 m from the aircraft.
Any specific accessories in mind?
I picked up the extended landing gear for legs. Was thinking of the titanium propellers, but they look to be for the pro or platinum. Was thinking of prop guards too, but read into it that that can slow things down. Any recommendations? I did already buy the pre-order of the FT Aviator single hand controller kickstarter, just because it looked pretty cool. This can become an expensive hobby I can tell.

I picked up the extended landing gear for legs. Was thinking of the titanium propellers, but they look to be for the pro or platinum. Was thinking of prop guards too, but read into it that that can slow things down. Any recommendations? I did already buy the pre-order of the FT Aviator single hand controller kickstarter, just because it looked pretty cool. This can become an expensive hobby I can tell.

Better study up on the differences. Many of the extras and essentials for one model will not work or fit with the others. Don't end up wasting your money. Since you have a Mavic Platinum Pro, make sure anything you buy is for that model you own. Whatever you buy may work on multiple Mavic models, but some may not. Do your homework. This Forum is a valuable resource. Find out what others are saying about your model of drone.

Welcome to the forum! :)

What is the difference between pro, pro platinum and pro2?
You can compare the specs for those drones here.

Any accessories need to be platinum or do pro or pro2 fit?
Any accessories advertised for the Mavic Pro will also fit the Mavic Pro Platinum (and vice versa). The Mavic 2 has been completely redesigned, so most of those accessories will not fit the older Mavic Pro models.

Was thinking of the titanium propellers, but they look to be for the pro or platinum
Stick with OEM DJI props. They always work well, are designed for DJI drones, and won't void your warranty.

Was thinking of prop guards too
Prop guards are great for flying indoors. However, flying indoors is not something I'd recommend for a beginner pilot. Things can go south quickly when flying around a lot of obstacles. Stick with flying outdoors in locations where there are no nearby obstacles. You won't need prop guards there.

Your children bought a very nice, stable and capable drone for you. Very nice gift. But don't be overconfident and suffer the misery of a mistake early on. There are many YouTube videos on all kinds of topics for the Mavic Pro Platinum. Mavic Pro is basically the same in learning topics. They cover topics like how to set options in the controller, the app and how to fly. Most are very well produced and you get to see it hands-on by experienced pilots. Make yourself VERY familiar with the RTH function and what to do before takeoff to be sure if will work. It is a great tool, watching those videos, before you take off. There is also an app for virtual flying, feeling the controls before you do it for real.

Read, a lot. And understand RTH, and when you think you understand RTH read the instructions again. RTH can be a bird saver but it also gets a lot of people in trouble. And remember that your bird is using its elevation from its starting point only and if you are in hilly terain this needs to be taken into account in your RTH settings.

Reactions: Gioba59
Your children bought a very nice, stable and capable drone for you. Very nice gift. But don't be overconfident and suffer the misery of a mistake early on. There are many YouTube videos on all kinds of topics for the Mavic Pro Platinum. Mavic Pro is basically the same in learning topics. They cover topics like how to set options in the controller, the app and how to fly. Most are very well produced and you get to see it hands-on by experienced pilots. Make yourself VERY familiar with the RTH function and what to do before takeoff to be sure if will work. It is a great tool, watching those videos, before you take off. There is also an app for virtual flying, feeling the controls before you do it for real.
Netfolks, what is that app for virtual flying? Thanks much!

Reactions: abomb
Quadcopter FX Simulator is one I've played with. - I would not buy a lot of accessories until you use the drone a while. You'll find many are not necessary. - Re: RTH complexity...there's always the story of the guy flying under a big bridge, loses signal, RTH kicks in thankfully....BUT when the drone goes up to it's set height to return, to avoid obstacles like trees, it hits the underside of the bridge. So, you see, there are things to learn.

Read, a lot. And understand RTH, and when you think you understand RTH read the instructions again. RTH can be a bird saver but it also gets a lot of people in trouble. And remember that your bird is using its elevation from its starting point only and if you are in hilly terain this needs to be taken into account in your RTH settings.
Paid a heavy price yesterday for not calculating this tip. Please be aware.

Reactions: abomb
Howdy all - I’m in same boat...wife bought me the pro platinum and I have an even more rudimentary question...is the platinum the same as the pro 2? Sales guy said the platinum was the pro 2. I’m just curious. Thanks

wife bought me the pro platinum and I have an even more rudimentary question...is the platinum the same as the pro 2? Sales guy said the platinum was the pro 2. I’m just curious. Thanks

No they are different drones totally.
Google DJI Mavic platinum, then Mavic 2.
Sales people can be deceptive to clear stock that may be superseded in the near future, or just plain ignorant or I knowledgeable.

The Mavic platinum and indeed the Mavic pro are both still remarkable machines though, and you should get some great times using it.

Where are you located ?

Reactions: Aussiefox
No they are different drones totally.
Google DJI Mavic platinum, then Mavic 2.
Sales people can be deceptive to clear stock that may be superseded in the near future, or just plain ignorant or I knowledgeable.

The Mavic platinum and indeed the Mavic pro are both still remarkable machines though, and you should get some great times using it.

Where are you located ?

Beauty - yeah was googling a heap but for some reason I wasn’t getting a definitive answer and I’m totally new to drones. First bit of footage I’ve got seems pretty awesome for my needs. I’m in Brissie and plan on travelling quite a bit this year so keen to get some good footage. Thanks for the response

Beauty - yeah was googling a heap but for some reason I wasn’t getting a definitive answer and I’m totally new to drones. First bit of footage I’ve got seems pretty awesome for my needs. I’m in Brissie and plan on travelling quite a bit this year so keen to get some good footage. Thanks for the response
there is only one thing to remember practice,practice ,practice , take your time get to know what the mav can and cannot do.dont worry about video or pics to start with ,master your flying first ,as others have said read the manual watch videos and you will soon get the hang of it .what ever you do please dont try to fly indoors,thats the quickest way to crash your mav hope it all works out for you happy flying

. I’m in Brissie

Hey me too at the moment.
I’m up here a lot working.

Will be in town most likely up to about the 22nd, then home to Adelaide for 2-3 weeks, then back up again for another few weeks.

I might be heading up to D’Aguilar Nat Pk next Sat, overnight Mt Mee / Neurem Ck or Archer (camping), then thinking of bagging a peak in the Glasshouse Mtns Sunday morning.

Will likely fly the MP a few times as well.
If you’re keen on catching up and getting some tips flying basic safely, can meet up.

is the platinum the same as the pro 2? Sales guy said the platinum was the pro 2.
While they appear similar when viewed from afar, they are completely different drones. You can compare the specs here.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Bigbrute