DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Newbie New Zealand

johnnylang

Reactions
Hey y’all,

New to the whole drone world (since Christmas Day) been reading a lot of this forum which has been massively helpful already, looking forward to chatting you all and taking all your advice on board.....

Couple of pictures from my early droning days!

IMG_6068.JPGIMG_6082.JPG

Last edited:
Cheers man! Feels like so much to learn, still get that ‘butterfly/nervous feeling every time I take off and worried about flying to far, but this site been so helpful already
The butterflies will pass with every sortie you fly. Don't worry about it pilot . . . nerves keep us on our toes. Worry if you 'stop' getting nervous.

Very Nice Shots! :cool: Welcome to Mavic Pilots!:) Enjoy the forum!Thumbswayup

Hey y’all,

New to the whole drone world (since Christmas Day) been reading a lot of this forum which has been massively helpful already, looking forward to chatting you all and taking all your advice on board.....

Couple of pictures from my early droning days!

View attachment 92210View attachment 92211

Greetings from the deep south of Dunedin. Good to see another Kiwi here.

Nice pictures. I hope you get as much fun from it as I have had from mine.

I'm flying a mavic 2 zoom since Dec 2018. Still learning what it can do. Currently trying to get a handle on using the panorama photo facility. Using a lot of battery trying to get it working even with the manual instructions.
Keep the communications going!

Greetings from the deep south of Dunedin. Good to see another Kiwi here.

Nice pictures. I hope you get as much fun from it as I have had from mine.

I'm flying a mavic 2 zoom since Dec 2018. Still learning what it can do. Currently trying to get a handle on using the panorama photo facility. Using a lot of battery trying to get it working even with the manual instructions.
Keep the communications going!

Feel like there is so much to learn, feel a bit overwhelmed but suppose the key is not to run before I can walk!

Reactions: old man mavic
@johnnylang what drone are you flying,just take your time and get used to the controller and the app the more you fly the easier it gets make sure you understand the different RTH scenarios and that you set your RTH height to suit your surroundings and most of all enjoy

Welcome to the forum! :)

Welcome to the forum.
I hope you will find our site helpful and look forward to any input , photo's/video's you might post .
Don't be shy and ask anything if you can't find it by searching .Thumbswayup

@johnnylang what drone are you flying,just take your time and get used to the controller and the app the more you fly the easier it gets make sure you understand the different RTH scenarios and that you set your RTH height to suit your surroundings and most of all enjoy

Flying the M2Z,

Found it really overwhelming at first, thinking I had to know everything all at once, but settled down now and taking it very slowly! Only flown in the one place so far, which I’m happy with! Used RTH a couple of times as practice, the thing I am struggling with is looking down at the screen then looking back up and finding the drone, and that’s when it’s only close ?

Welcome from a fellow living in paradise flyer.

Don't forget AirShare for any restrictions - alas it's because of poor behaviour from others that we can't have nice things anymore :-( And as a newbie I'd suggest popping down to the local park regularly and just fly around some traffic cones. Great way to get spatial awareness and control.

Welcome from a fellow living in paradise flyer.

Don't forget AirShare for any restrictions - alas it's because of poor behaviour from others that we can't have nice things anymore :-( And as a newbie I'd suggest popping down to the local park regularly and just fly around some traffic cones. Great way to get spatial awareness and control.

Cheers for the advice, never thought about using cones but I like the idea!

I do have airshare and AirMap, but what I’ve found is that all the apps (DJI included) seem to have different restrictions! Stuck to the one place so far though, and that shows no restrictions on any of the apps!

a little trick to try to help find the drone after you have looked at the screen
look straight down from the drone to the ground and then back up to the drone, and it will give you something such as a tree, or some rocks, or a building ,or some other landmark that you know the drone is above, then take your photo, or whatever you need to do looking at the screen ,then look back to the point you chose and then go straight up and the drone will be somewhere in that airspace above your landmark

a little trick to try to help find the drone after you have looked at the screen
look straight down from the drone to the ground and then back up to the drone, and it will give you something such as a tree, or some rocks, or a building ,or some other landmark that you know the drone is above, then take your photo, or whatever you need to do looking at the screen ,then look back to the point you chose and then go straight up and the drone will be somewhere in that airspace above your landmark

Cheers for that, I will give it a go next time I’m flying, didn’t even think to do that [emoji1305]

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
starKid