DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Newbie question regarding picture retrieval

Shaker

Reactions
I am a newbie and new to drones in general. I am an avid landscape photographer and hence my interest in getting this device.

So I apologize for what may seem redundant questions or just plain stupid....lol

It says that the Air has 8GB of o-nboard storage, so if you fly without a micro-SD inserted then how do you retrieve any files from the on-board storage?

Also is there a good thread to explain how to set up the camera features for both still and movie operation?

It says that the Air has 8GB of o-nboard storage, so if you fly without a micro-SD inserted then how do you retrieve any files from the on-board storage?
Connect your Mavic Air to a computer with the included USB Type-C cable. You'll then be able to access the files like you do with any other hard drive connected to your computer.

180124_djimavicair_40.jpg

Connect your Mavic Air to a computer with the included USB Type-C cable. You'll then be able to access the files like you do with any other hard drive connected to your computer.

View attachment 30386
very much appreciated......perfect..Thank You....I just had to remember to turn it on before being able to access the files.....

I just had to remember to turn it on before being able to access the files.....
Yep! Your computer won't see the Mavic Air when it's powered off ;)

Here’s your answer for your air it has 8gb off onboard storage connect air to pc and download your video ....also sign up for this message board lots of info

My computer doesn't see the Air when it is powered on.
Maybe try a different computer to figure out if the issue is your computer or the Mavic Air?

Yes, that is quite odd then.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Tarizzman