DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Newest homemade landing pad.

putz

Reactions
I've made several of these at work, however this is my first attempt at something more portable. I know that there are lighter options, some guys use floor mats, some hand launch/recover, some ever use a river, tree or tall building. I prefer this 3/4" plastic because it will not blow away, keeps the drone off of wet ground and helps to level out uneven terrain. My problem though was that a 24" pad was awkward to carry long distance. So I came up with this. The circle is 16" and I use it on calm days. The green extention ring makes it a 24" pad and is used on windy days. The nice thing about it, is it fits in a backpack with my other gear. 20191017_234903.jpeg20191017_235014.jpeg20191017_234837.jpeg

it does what you want thats all that matters good idea

Reactions: SW_Drone_Guy
This is my homemade landing pad I made from a piece of half inch thick pine board. I covered the top with commercial roofing membrane, and the bottom with reinforced rubber flashing cover. Its definitely not as portable as yours, but it gets the job done. Its heavy enough to flatten any tall grass and never blows away.
I've made several of these at work, however this is my first attempt at something more portable. I know that there are lighter options, some guys use floor mats, some hand launch/recover, some ever use a river, tree or tall building. I prefer this 3/4" plastic because it will not blow away, keeps the drone off of wet ground and helps to level out uneven terrain. My problem though was that a 24" pad was awkward to carry long distance. So I came up with this. The circle is 16" and I use it on calm days. The green extention ring makes it a 24" pad and is used on windy days. The nice thing about it, is it fits in a backpack with my other gear. View attachment 83784View attachment 83785View attachment 83786
20191020_094032.jpeg20191020_094024.jpeg20191020_094015.jpeg

I've made several of these at work, however this is my first attempt at something more portable. I know that there are lighter options, some guys use floor mats, some hand launch/recover, some ever use a river, tree or tall building. I prefer this 3/4" plastic because it will not blow away, keeps the drone off of wet ground and helps to level out uneven terrain. My problem though was that a 24" pad was awkward to carry long distance. So I came up with this. The circle is 16" and I use it on calm days. The green extention ring makes it a 24" pad and is used on windy days. The nice thing about it, is it fits in a backpack with my other gear. View attachment 83784View attachment 83785View attachment 83786
Where you get the interlocking pieces

Very nice. - for me, I would like a red instead of yellow - easier to see from a height against green grass - but a nice design.

Put my laser printer to work on this wood landing pad.

I actually made it in anticipation of my Skydio 2 to land on
but works great with the Mavic also.

I added some rubber feet right behind the camera on the mavic
to land on instead of landing on its front legs.

2019-10-20 12-15-25.jpg2019-10-20 12-15-16.jpg

Very Nice good job.

I love it, great job !!

What kind of plastic did you use, also do you have the vector files and would you be willing to share them, I have a home built CNC router too, I'd like to make this pad.

How stable are the rubber feet when it lands in wind? That's not a bad idea, it really closes down the surface area needed to land.
Put my laser printer to work on this wood landing pad.

I actually made it in anticipation of my Skydio 2 to land on
but works great with the Mavic also.

I added some rubber feet right behind the camera on the mavic
to land on instead of landing on its front legs.

View attachment 83852View attachment 83853

Nice concept, unique.....how thick is it? What is the measured circumference?

How stable are the rubber feet when it lands in wind? That's not a bad idea, it really closes down the surface area needed to land.
It's plenty stable as long as you hit the landing pad. The Mavic does a pretty good job at returning to it's
landing spot but it's usually a few inches off so have to manually take over right before landing if it's not centered.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
maniac2000