DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Newly Released Rescue Jackets : For the Mavic Pro

Phantomrain.org

Approved Vendor
Reactions
Thanks to the countless Emails and support, we are announcing the release of the Wet Suits for the Original Mavic Pro:

We kept to the same minimal guidelines and tests as we did with the Mavic 2 Zoom and the Mavic 2 Pro.

It should be noted that we never intended to make the Wet Suits for any of the Mavic drones as we did not see a need until we realized how vulnerable the battery compartments were to taking in water, snow, and moisture.

The Mavic Pro was no exception. After running the drone under the faucet for just 15 seconds, the battery filled with water and the lights on the battery were flashing and the battery was compromised .

After the Mavic Wet Suit was applied, the Mavic Passed the Faucet test with flying colors , no water in the battery and no flashing lights.

NO - we have not had a chance to test the Original Mavic Pro in a real world storm as we are in winter but we our expected to have over 130 days of rain this year, so plenty of videos to come.

We have however tested the Zoom and the Pro geared up with the same Wet Suit system and the results were a 26 minute flight in the pouring rain without the drone or the battery being compromised and able to fly the next day.

The Wet Suit Provides a Non Slip Grip when hand Catching the Drone and keep the Props on just a bit tighter as they are very prone to falling off when hitting leaves and such.

The Mavic Pro Wet Suits come in the same colors and exact styling as the Mavic 2.

let us know your a forum member and we will send you and extra battery cover.

Attention if you need International shipping: We do charge an additional fee , however we make it up to you by providing 3 extra Battery Covers and 1 extra color change.

We will post pictures and videos of the Mavic Pro as we go.

This video was sent to me last night from a client flying the Mavic 2 and highlights how rain just happens and how the drone was able to fly the next day.
If you interested in the Mavic Pro and you cannot get on the Web Site please email us and will send you some Info: [email protected]

Phantomrain.org
Flying in and out of the storm safely

Last edited:
Last edited:
And during forward flight what keep the watch from going into the forward vents behind the camera?

The Ultimate outcome with the Wet Suit was a 26 minute hover test in the pouring rain. Neither the drone or the battery was compromised.

Thanks for your interest.
Phantomrain.org

Last edited:
Reactions: Mavic Pro Platinum
In regards to the Mavic Pro Battery , the Power Button is vulnerable to the water, not as much on the Mavic 2 as the Power Button has Led lights built into it and has a better seal , but none the less the Mavic Pro Wet Suits Protect the Power Buttons on both Mavics.

Screen Shot 2019-03-04 at 12.10.04 PM.png

IMG_5445.jpeg

As you can see the Mavic Pro is identical in form and Function with just a few cosmetic differences.

Screen Shot 2019-03-04 at 11.55.48 AM.png

what about water coming in the front by the fan and spraying on the boards?

Rescue jackets coming for the Mavic Pro

Last edited:
I just replaced my 2nd camera for the Mavic Pro due to condensation INSIDE the lens after I flew through very slight showers on RTH.......................Cameras NOT waterproof!!!!
But hey good luck with the product.

I just replaced my 2nd camera for the Mavic Pro due to condensation INSIDE the lens after I flew through very slight showers on RTH.......................Cameras NOT waterproof!!!!
But hey good luck with the product.

You dont need rain to get condensation on your lens , its just humidity.
You can replace the Lens for about $10 and its an easy install until you get one that works properly.

Last edited:
Reactions: Rich55
The Mavic Pro Wet Suits have been Updated with New Neon Colors and Rescue Jackets: Over 100 videos posted of the Mavics flying in the rain.

Wet Suits allow you to fly in the Rain and Snow :
Rescue Jackets allow you to Remote Land on water:
Increases Visual Line of Sight to 2800 Ft during the day

Phantomrain.org
Gear to fly in the rain.

Screen Shot 2019-03-11 at 7.44.39 PM.png

Screenshot 10-03-2020 10.56.56.jpg
Rescue Jackets come in Neon colors:
email me at [email protected]

Resuce Jacekt for fish Tackle..jpg

Last edited:
We now offer all the Neon Colors in the Mavic Pro Wet Suits and Rescue Jackets:

Here is a compilation video of both the Wet Suit and Rescue Jacket:
Email me at [email protected] for the Forum Discount.

Phantomrain.org
Gear to fly your Mavic Pro in the Rain or Float on water.

New Neon Colors for the Mavic Pro Wet Suits: Twilight Package Comes with all 4 new Color Designs.

Neon Glow Green
Neon Red
Neon Iridescent Blue
Lunar Purple:

Phantomrain.org
Gear to fly your Mavic Pro in the Rain.

Any idea how much flight time duration is reduced due to the added weight of those rescue jackets ?
On average you loose about 5 to 7 minutes minutes on the Mavic Pro of flight time. Here is an example of the Air 2 flight with some data stream.

Phantomrain.org
Gear to fly your Mavic Pro in the Rain and Remote land on water.

On average you loose about 5 to 7 minutes minutes on the Mavic Pro of flight time. Here is an example of the Air 2 flight with some data stream.

Phantomrain.org
Gear to fly your Mavic Pro in the Rain and Remote land on water.

I guess for people who send their drones on short flights over water, losing 7 minutes of flight time wouldn't be much of a concern, but for drone pilots like me who send their birds out on 22 minute autonomous Litchi flights that drain the battery down to 25%, that 7 minute decrease in time aloft is a major detriment to using anything that adds such weight to the craft.

I guess for people who send their drones on short flights over water, losing 7 minutes of flight time wouldn't be much of a concern, but for drone pilots like me who send their birds out on 22 minute autonomous Litchi flights that drain the battery down to 25%, that 7 minute decrease in time aloft is a major detriment to using anything that adds such weight to the craft.
25% is pretty conservative so you could still utilize the Rescue Jacket with pretty good results and keep your Refresh.

Mavic Pro Rescue Jackets now come in a Variety of Colors now:
Neon Green is the hot color of the month. Wet Suit and Rescue Jacket $174 95 and Forum Member get
3 Battery Covers and 3 Power Button Seals and 3 Color Designs. Thanks to Alex for the Pictures.

Email me at [email protected]
Coal

hhhhh.jpg

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gfusato